What's new

Stars and their home theaters (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
A certain acctor that played a certian caped crusader in a certain 1989 film came into the store where I work and asked if we had Bose. :rolleyes

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I attended a seminar given by a reknown home theater installer, who writes a column in SGHT. He told the 100 people in the seminar that Ridley Scott has something along the lines of an HTiB...or slightly better. He said that just because someone in the movie business, does not guarantee an amazing home theater.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I'm pretty sure that Mr. Scott barely has any time to watch movies at home. He seems to go right from one film to the next, a machine! :) Therefore, I wouldn't drop the cash for a huge HT either

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I vaguely recall an article that said Fabio threw some good looking babe out of his house because she said or did the wrong thing about his audio setup. :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
One thing about celebrity/movie people HT's: in the listings for their houses when they go up for sale or are otherwise described, they are usually called "screening rooms", it seems. I wonder if many of them have actual film-projectors in addition to the tape- and DVD-based projection systems?

/Mike

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I vaguely recall an article that said Fabio threw some good looking babe out of his house because she said or did the wrong thing about his audio setup.
Now that's a real man. He knows he doesn't have to put up with bullshit and lack of respect for his gear (most people always seem to have a negative comment about high dollar audio gear yet willingly spend $120 on a shirt or pants).

He probably has no problem getting laid by hot babes.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
One thing about celebrity/movie people HT's: in the listings for their houses when they go up for sale or are otherwise described, they are usually called "screening rooms",
I've read of several celebrities that had actual 35mm projectors in theirs homes. Jackie Gleason and Barbara Streisand are two that come to mind.

Those early 80's "Playboy Guide to Electronic Entertainment" used to display a lot of that stuff.

I remember Mac Davis had JBL speakers with Cerwin Vega pwr amps and a Cerwin Vega pre-amp.

Ann Margaret and Roger Smith had some pretty awesome gear for the time. Several (JVC I think) U-matics, a Novabeam, several open reel decks (a Technics Isoloop and a couple TEAC's come to mind) and other stuff.

Burt Bacharach had some little ADS mini monitors, HK receiver and a Thornes turntable.

Kenny Loggins had a QMI Gain Cell pwr and pre amp. Some Ohm speakers (not the Walsh ones) and I forgot what else.

It seems that sports figures usually have some of the best stuff. I figure it's because most of the ones profiled are men and men are usually the ones that are the most into the hobby.

It sure is nice to hear about Catherine Bell. A hottie and eletronics nut.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I vaguely recall an article that said Fabio threw some good looking babe out of his house because she said or did the wrong thing about his audio setup.
She probably told him to turn it down! :) (from another thread here)...
If I were rich, I'd have a dedicated HT and a dedicated audio room. I don't know about $100K amps though, probably there are a few $10K amps that sound almost as good? :)
KJP

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I dunno....Is a million dollar stereo-system with $5000 speaker wires, $50,000 speakers and $100,000 monoblock amp really going to make my Slipknot:Iowa cd sound THAT much better?

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
One thing about celebrity/movie people HT's: in the listings for their houses when they go up for sale or are otherwise described, they are usually called "screening rooms"
I saw an article about Quentin Tarantino's Home Theater in a magazine a few years ago, and he had a video projector and both 16mm and 35mm film projectors. It was a very cool setup. Also, Scorcese collects 35mm prints and has a state of the art home theater that includes all film and home video formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks