What's new

Stars and their home theaters (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading a post that mentioned that Fabio had a stereo system that cost close to $1 million. It got me thinking about celebrities and home theater. On MTV cribs, etc., you see stars with big screen TVs, etc., but I wonder how many stars actually enjoy the hobby like many of the members here. Do you think Oprah drove around auditioning her speakers or had her assistant pick some expensive ones up one Saturday afternoon? Who knows, maybe she's a member here under a different name. Just a thought.
(and don't ask me why I chose Oprah, just popped into my head)
-Andrew

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
tom green went to fabio's house once and was playing with his stereo, it was quite impressive :eek:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Movieline has a page each month on a celebrity's home theater. The ones I've seen are quite unimpressive.

~T

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
If YOU had a couple million to spend, would YOU have the patience to go from store to store demoing speakers knowing you could afford ALL of them? ;)
I would :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, you'd have the speakers delivered for in-house demo (why attract a crowd if you don't have to do so?) if you were rich.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I remember reading about Fabio's system in A/V Interiors. This was back in the mid 90's and it was totally impressive. I can only imagine what it's like now.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
you know, to be honest, if I were REALLY rich, I'd just pay someone to handle it for me too.
How many of you try to enjoy a movie, and spend half the film thinking of minor adjustments that should be made? I think I'd enjoy it much more if I had kickass equipment and went totally hands off.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
tom green went to fabio's house once and was playing with his stereo
i remember that episode. tom was trying to get fabio to fess up as to how much it cost. tom asked if it cost $5000 and fabio said...yeah, for the wires. if i recall properly, most of his gear looked a lot like krell but it's been years since so who knows.

kevin t

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
most of his gear looked a lot like krell but it's been years since so who knows.
yeah, the shit he had all equals shit I can't afford, nor ever see around here, so there wasn't much i recognized. I think I remember a lot of martin logan stuff, but I don't really remember much.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I saw a Cribs once with Keyshawn Johnson and they didn't really talk about his gear, but he walked by his rack and I could clearly see that he had about 3 or 4 Parasound amps lined up. Definately not super high end stuff by any means like Levinson, but I'm sure most of these celebs go through audio consultants who put together a mid-fi system for hi-fi prices. I wouldn't be surprised if these audio "consultants" didn't completely take advantage of those who are not in the know. Of which I think Keyshawn would be one. Just guessing of course.

Not bashing Parasound, because they are fine products and actually are better than what I have, but if I had the money Keyshawn had, I would probably shoot a little higher.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
reminds me of an article in a UK mag, a football player (the version played with the feet and a round ball :D ) basically just bought the equivalent of the demo room he heard first time out (i.e. little or no auditioning of alternatives). then again, the processor was a Lexicon, so you can't really argue with that part of the set-up...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I believe there was an interview in Stereophile a number of years ago on Fabio's stereo. He was really into it. Yes, I remember the Krell gears and a pair of high-end Infinity speaker that he was restoring for use as his surround speakers. But there was a lot of room reflections since his listening room has no carpeting and all marble and such.
Oh yes, I remember that issue of AVI with Catherine Bell (that JAG babe). But she was all I can remember....:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
you know, to be honest, if I were REALLY rich, I'd just pay someone to handle it for me too.
Not me, half the fun is the handling of all the gear, tweaking and tinkering.
If I were rich, I'd still do it all myself, I'd just have better gear and a bigger room.
Peace Out~:D

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I know that babe from JAG has a HT and she loves the hobbie. Saw it in Home Theater Interiors.
I saw something about her in People (I think it was her; been a long time) and she had a Sunfire amp in a rack next to her. Maybe that was her second system. Probably was since she surely has enough money for a dedicated HT and a dedicated audio room.

I love the idea of a babe being into this stuff.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think Fabio was using Infinity IRS speakers ($50k) for his rear surrounds! I believe the amplification was all Krell and the cables were Transparent Audio. Other than that, I can't remember what else he had but it was very nice.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I read that article in Stereophile too. He is a good friend of Krell's owner and has custom monoblock Krell amplifiers that cost more than $100,000 each.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
when i used to work at the good guys on la cienga (in LA) one of my co-workers in the audio dept was good friends with fabio.
so fabio used to come in and chat. he was a really nice guy (i recall a serious robo-babe hanging on to his arm).
he's definitely into audio gear and from what i could tell DID know his stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I read that article in Stereophile too. He is a good friend of Krell's owner and has custom monoblock Krell amplifiers that cost more than $100,000 each.
:eek: I can't imagine the difference in sound is worth that price. Really, there's got to be a point of diminishing returns. Granted, I've never heard high end (or even mid end) gear, but my ~$1000 setup (speakers & all) sounds great to me...

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I have that issue of Stereophile and was just looking at the other night. He also had some really nice video editing gear. I think he had a couple U-matic SPs and some S-VHS editing decks. Also a couple Sony DTC (or maybe PCM) series DAT recorders and what appeared to be a TEAC X-2000M 1/2 track machine.
$100k pwr amps may be hitting the point of diminishing returns but if you've got the cash, why not?
This guy appears to have it all; looks (I guess; some women seem to dig him), wealth, an entire pleathora of hot, willing babes and some major kick ass audio gear.
Can it get any better?
:D
If I had the means I'd have a $100k stereo. That price limit obviously would leave out having $100k pwr amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks