What's new

Stargate UE? Info??? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I know this is supposed to arrive soon. I heard a little about it weeks ago but lately, nothing. Is it still planned and has it been oficially announced yet? I have not seen it in DVD Profiler yet although titles arriving in November and December are already there.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Mmm, indeed. I am hoping for full specs and a release date to be announced soon. It's currently under TBA on my list of purchases for the rest of the year.

Dan

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
All of the above, and for the love of all things good in this world, please NO Edge Enhancement!!!

Brian E

Screenwriter
All I've heard is that it would be released sometime around the SG-1 season 2 set. Nothing official though.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This had more edge enhancement than any other DVD I have ever seen. I am.... confident that they will fix this oversight.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I still cannot believe they made two editions of this movie, and none of them has an anamorphic transfer!
Has any other movie suffered this before? I agree - very pathetic that it may take them three times to get this right.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
I seem to remember reading somewhere it would come in a 'pyramid' case, in the same fashion to the Total Recall and Basic Instinct cases.

Anyway, bring on the anamorphic transfer!

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
One more person hoping for an anamorphic transfer finally.

The SG1 season 2 box is no longer on my purchasing list though... I mean what moron thought of a release schedule of one season per year? I lost patience months ago and when my favourite R2 retailer dropped the price on R2 editions on the series I started buying. I have up to season 4 now and will soon be picking up the remaining season 5 (that has been released).

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I remember reading in a thread a while back that this is due to come out on 10/29. If this is stil true, an announcement could be only days away.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
If there is an anamorphic transfer on 1 side of a DVD9 I'll be a happy camper. Add DTS and I'll be in heaven. Any special features will be icing on the cake.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
But let's not forget either that Artisan is calling this an Ultimate Edition, so I would think both cuts via seamless branching is almost a given. If it's anywhere near the T2:UE this is going to be one great DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks