What's new

Stargate SG1 season finale (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that was good. I wonder what's going to happen to O'Neill now.

I'm very confused though. I read this article from Cinescape back in January that said Richard Dean Anderson was going to be in the pilot episode for Stargate Atlantis and then he was done with the series.

The article also says that Stargate "SG-1 (presently in its eighth season) will end this year". (here).

But the Sci-Fi channel website says that the season that ended today was the 7th.(here).

And there is supposed to be an 8th season. I mean, SciFi never advertised today's episode as a series finale. Just a season finale.

So what's the deal? Is there another season? Does that mean that SciFi will have Atlantis and SG1 on the air together for one season?

Jonathan_E

Agent
go here:
www.gateworld.net

and you can find all your answers there.

Or, to save you time, there will be an eighth season, o'neil will still be around
, and SG-1 and Atlantis will be airing back to back for a year, perhaps more since they haven't ruled out a ninth season yet.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
But what an ending! I thought for sure that they'd be at the door to Atlantis w/o any weapons, when the 'to be continued' sign came up.

I think I'm glad that Atlantis isn't under the pole. That would be weird, but I did expect to at least see a gate there.

Oh, and does anybody disagree that Jack isn't in suspended animation until who/whatever can fix him?

Glenn

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

We have seen it many times as it was the Antarctic gate that NID used to steal technology, sealed up, stored at Area 51, unpacked, destroyed, etc.....Guess once the gate was found SGC did not find anything else.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
SG-1 Season 8's premiere will take place one week before the premiere of Atlantis. This way they can wrap up what happened at the end of season 7 and start the atlantis series. Should be intrsting

capt

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Doesn't this episode break their own historical timeline? I remember an episode (haven't had a chance to look it up) in the 1st or 2nd season where Daniel Jackson was captured by an underwater alien looking to what happened to his mate? I thought the end result of that was she was the goddess of Atlantis (not an Ancient) and that Atlantis was destroyed by the G'oauld. This happened only a few thousand years ago and it doesn't seem likely that the G'oald would have destroyed the lost city (which isn't exactly lost if it was still occupied just a short while ago).

Or I am completely mis-remembering?

Chuck Anstey

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Finally saw promos for Season 8 with hints that Jack's situation from the Season 7 finale will be be resolved. Not very subtle.

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
In general I am a big fan of this episode. I didn't know there would be an eight season, and I liked that the episode didn't leave things all happy.

At the end was anyone else really impressed with the Ancient weapon? It was about the opposite of what I hoped for yet FELT like the ancients. Very cool.

I'm very excited for both new seasons, SG-1 and Atlantis!!!!

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I am really excited that we will have SG-1 for another season and get a totally new show :Atlantis. My wife is really going to hate Friday's starting in July. :D
Maybe they will tie up some loose ends with Jack and Sam. *fingers crossed*

I read somewhere that there is a new enemy appearing in Stargate: Atlantis the Wraith who are supposed to be more powerful than the Ancients.
Wonder what they will do with that?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Just what we need - another bad guy!

The weapon used in the finale reminded me of 'Raiders', and didn't seem that portable - meaning it is stuck there and SG-1 can't take it with them on missions. Anubus wasn't the only god left, so SG-1 should encounter more attacks, and if Anubus didn't get the word back that Earth has 'the weapon' now, then the rest of them should be 'popping' by Earth, only to get blown away too, of course, one by one.

If it weren't for the fact that Jack's chair is probably in pieces now (along with his mind :)) - and when Jack does get fixed, would he still be able to operate it?

I fear now that they have once and for all screwed up the main plotline. Janeway in Voyager was actually playing games with The Borg by the time that series ended.

Which opens up my fears about Atlantis. Not traveling around like SG-1, will this show turn into another DS-9 with character plots extending through seasons? If the plotlines extend from an SG-1 episode through an Atlantis episode (into the next hour), how big will the next season set be, or will we be forced to buy SG-1 Season 8 along with SG-Atlantis Season - 1 just so the plots will make sense?

Glenn

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Lot of questions Glenn. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

I have no fears on either show. The producers of Stargate have earned my trust and respect after putting out 7 good seasons consistantly. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and won't comment until we're into the new season. :)

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't think Jack or anyone else will be able to operate the chair anymore. It was obviously Ancient technology and when he used it - on Earth and the other planet - he was no longer speaking English and seemed to already be "possessed." When he loses those special powers, I would think he would lose the power to operate that kind of technology.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I am looking forward to tonight's season premier. Does anyone know if Sci Fi is going to break up season 8 into two parts like they did with 7?

Also, can anyone tell me when Sci Fi is going to show season 6? It is currently in syndication on my local Fox station but has been pre-empted numerous times due to baseball and its the only season that I've not seen in it entirety.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I assume they're going to break it up. They did it with season 6 as well.

I don't know if Sci-fi is going to show season 5. They have the monday night reruns, but I don't know if they are in any order. Best bet would be to rent or buy the DVDs.

Can't wait until tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks