Stargate SG1: Season 6-The Second Half*SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Now that we naughty people and Brits have found a way to watch 6 weeks early, we can start jawing SG-1 again

Forewarning, no spoiler tags needed for episodes that have aired anywhere in the world.

Wow, that was one of the best eps they've done in a LONG time. I can't help but wonder if Season 7 will deal with the aftermath of them screwing over Five. Obviously he's going to be pretty pissed when they shut off the machine, which with their super speed and his proximity they probably can do inside of a year or so. Too bad, I was kind-of hoping he'd make it back with them

Some great lines too,

"You might want to hit 1 on your speeddial" "My Grandchildren?" "....No! Number TWO then"

"...no sir, you can't name the ship Enterprise"

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

And just how did you find out how to watch it? :) mail me

3. Jeff Kleist

Doesn't have to be private. They start new eps here in June, and usually stop in September at which time we go into repeat hell until Jan-Feb (or as late as April like last year). Since they UK shows a show straight through, they passed Sci-Fi yesterday. Last year the season had finished in the UK before Showtime resumed showing them

If you look around you can find it, fair warning, the PAL speedup is quite annoying, especially for Teal'c, and this season they don't seem to have bothered to pitch correct like they did last season

4. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Jeff,

I must not be able to read proper English so would you care to elaborate a bit on this:

5. Jeff Kleist

January 12

A character named Five

If you want a total synopsys, I could provide one

6. Paul E. Fox II

Man...I just don't remember that character...
    I'm gonna have to do some research!
    I wouldn't mind a bit of a synopsis but only if you have the time dude. Don't kill yourself on my account[​IMG]!

7. Jeff Kleist

That's because he's a new character introduced in this episode

We pick up where we left off with our plucky crew talking to Thor. Thor tells them that the Asgard homeworld has been overrun by Replicators because they came up with an ingenious plan to stop them. After examining Reese, they discovered a recall command in her brain, and they broadcast it throughout the Universe making all the Replicators come to the Asgard homeworld. Now they also created a time dilation device which would let them effectively freeze time on their world, giving them hundreds of years to rebuild, retrench and develop effective countermeasures to the replicators. Unfortunately, the Replicators stopped the device BEFORE it could be activated and have actually used it to speed up time so they could evolve faster. They ask SG-1, since their ship is too low tech to interest the Replicators
    to go to the planet and fix the problem

They reluctantly agree, and after a quick PitStop at Earth to pick up supplies and drop off their prisoners, they arrive at the planet. They're setting the device when a humanaoid walks into the room and asks them to stop. It turns out that he IS a replicator, and that they had copied Reese in the final minutes before the device went off. and since his Replicator blocks are nano size, he was able to get through a crack in the device's armor and turn it to their advantage. While he's telling them this 5 more and an army of bugs show up behind them. SG-1 opens fire, but it has no effect on the humanoids. They're forced to disarm and the head guy plunges his hand into O'Neil's head. We go into dreamworld and he's reading O'Neil's mind. Comments on its inperfections, blah blah blah and also reads off SG-1's Iris code. They use O'Neil's mind to tour many planets and learn their gatecodes etc etc

Finally our heroes wake up back on their ship, just in time for one of the humanoids to show up and invite them to dinner. His name is Five (fifth to be built) and seems much more friendly. They arrive at dinner and it turns out the only reason why they're having them there to eat is because they need them strong for more mindsuck sessions. Five protests but gets the verbal smackdown. They are all based on Reese's construction, but apparently they tried to correct the flaws for Five, but they deem they failed because he's too compassionate. They force Five to read one of them, and Sam volunteers. Together Five and Sam come up with a plan to trap the others in the time freeze before they can go out on their universal conquering spree, and she agrees to take Five with them. Because him leaving the compound will alert the others, and Five has superspeed they tell him to leave in 3 minutes, and that they'll set the timer for 5 on the time device. O'Neil hand signals to Sam to actually set it for 3. Just as the 3 minutes are about to expire and SG-1 is throttling up to blast off, the other Replicators show up to try to stop it, but Five won't let them near it. They tell him he's been betrayed, and he pops the timer just in time to see 2..1...

As they exit orbit, Sam and Teal'c are noticeably upset at Jack's betrayal, and he says "I did what had to be done" but he's obviously not too happy about it either. (END)

8. Paul E. Fox II

Thanks Jeff...I did misread your post as I thought you were talking about a character we'd been introduced to BEFORE the the break.

Cool!