What's new

Stargate SG1- Redemption 1 6/7/02 (1 Viewer)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
So any feedback on the season premiere of SG1 last night on Sci-Fi Channel?
I welcomed the 16:9 resentation, but miss the loss of the DD5.1 track. I also do not like the low bitrate on Sci-fi compared to Showtime. So much softer and worse looking compared to the previous season. Sigh.
Also on a lower signal strength transpoder ... :frowning:
But as for the show, a nice flow with a lot of things happening at the same time and characters from previous episodes popping up all over the place.
Jonas seems pumped now ...
Regards

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was happy to see Stargate in Widescreen. Glad networks are finally changing over.

I thought the episode was a good part 1 of a 2 parter. Cant wait to see what happens next week

capt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
SG1archive.com has synopsys all the way to episode 10 or 12

We can link to them now that they no longer host the entire series so that those of us without cable who can't get it put in due to various reasons didn't have to suffer

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
In no particular order, some thoughts:

I like the new opening credits. The Stargate and the screen in general look darker, but the panning used is nice.

Unfortunately, I had to explain about the missing Daniel to my parents, while somehow trying to maintain some surprise for when they are aired in syndication next year and then on Sci Fi Channel. The only reason I got to see the last two episodes of season five is due to my brother downloading them online. I can't wait till later when I have to explain what happened to the Tok'ra...

The X-302 is awesome; it will work very nicely once the naquadria problem is figured out. I think O'Neill and Carter are a little pessimistic with regards to the Asgard's help... last I recall, the Asgard were fairing pretty well in their war against the Replicators. Of course, something may have changed in the three months between REVELATIONS and REDEMPTION. I take it the Russian general is some liason between the Russian military and US military with regards to the SGC.

I was not expecting Anubis's holographic message. Interesting... I'd still like to see his face, though. And we didn't get to see if Bra'tac found the correct address for Anubis's attack world.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Redemption was an ok ep - a lot of it felt awfully familiar though (using the gate as a weapon, Tealc's angry son, etc.).

I've read the episode descriptions at sg1archive and I didn't see any mention of something happening to the Tokra in the second half of season five. Could someone elaborate?

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Spoilers abound...

SUMMIT and LAST STAND
Basically, Anubis found out where the Tok'ra base was and attacked before the Tok'ra had a chance to escape. Then Elliot, a member of the SGC who was carrying Lantesh, released a biological agent that kills the Gou'ald symbioes on the world taking out all the Jaffa and symbiotes, itself included.

Jacob Carter and SG-1 managed to escape, but as far as we can tell, the only Tok'ra left are Jacob Carter and a few agents who were scattered throughout the galaxy at the time of the attack.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
You think that's bad?
Spoilers for BETWEEN TWO FIRES and another Earth ally
The Tollan get their butts kicked by Anubis, too.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I take it the Russian general is some liason between the Russian military and US military with regards to the SGC.
He was re-introduced in "48 Hours" . . . the SGC 'borrowed' the Russian DHD to save Teal'c who was stuck in the Stargate.
This episode also introduced the nerdy little **** who showed up in Redemption (the guy who was arguing with Quinn about the instabilities of the wormhole).
Next week looks pretty good, but Sci-Fi is pulling a (minor) TNN on us...
"You're watching Stargate SG-1...Next up the season premiere of Farscape"
Only showed up a couple of times, but that's still a couple of times too many for me. Beat me on the head with the endless commercials for Farscape and then annoy me whilst I try to watch the show :angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I thought the episode was okay. I've only watched the show off and on when it comes on regular TV. It would have been nice if they'd done a bit more to bring those of us up to speed who only see the syndicated shows that are a couple of seasons behind.

Also, Why does Harry Dean Anderson's character act like a nitwit? It seems like he did absolutely nothing but toss out bad jokes and act like a sourpuss.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I think Richard Dean Anderson's (RDA) character, Colonel Jack O'Neill was acting kind of... off because he is supposed to be off right now. He's still in mourning over the loss of his friend and comrade, Daniel Jackson. Not to mention as a guy who who work through these problems on missions, he's been grounded due to his leg injury. He's not the sit back and watch things happen type of guy. He is one who needs to be in the midst of the action. Once he gets into his mission, he's in his element.

Not to mention, his anti-Russian sentiment stems from the fact most of his military career has been dealing with them as the enemy. That Cold War sentiment is not easily loss, evidently, even after 10+ years.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I am one who is somewhat wary of season 6 because of the lack of Daniel Jackson. But I do think it's off to a good start. I'm glad the obvious solution wasn't possible, and they'll have to save themselves elsewise. Thank god Teal'c is offworld.

I for one was thrilled to see it in Widescreen. Since my cable company doesn't pass the 5.1 signal and I only ever see it on lo-def Showtime, I haven't lost, I've only gained.

Still, I'd rather have it on DVD. Six years at the present rate!

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I loved Jack's "egg head" conversation with Carter, I was cracking up :) . Over all pretty solid outing.
Todd

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Ok...please tell me that Sci-Fi is gonna re-run this thing again since I missed it AND had no idea it was even gonna be on!

PLEASE, Run It Again!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Sci Fi does something annoying with their original programming that most other cablers do not (though networks do)... they run it twice the night it premeires, and not again for months.

It's not scheduled to rerun anytime in the next 2 months.

However if you try hard, I'm sure you'll find a way to get it. I had no problem getting seasons 2-3 when I wanted to catch up a year ago.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Actually, I've noticed quite a few cable channels do same-night rebroadcasts. I actually really like this feature and use it often.

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
I really love these funny dialogs:

Carter: System check, jet engine, rocket engine, hyperdrive engine, inertial damper...
O'Neill: Phasers?

Hammond: Close the blaster doors!

O'Neill: Who cares? As long as it's a galaxy far far away!

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen SG1 on broadcast FOX I think. Watch it last week and this week on Sci-Fi. Somehow I missed something, what happened to Daniel Jackson?:frowning:
O'Neil's character is a bit far fetch, soldier, pilot, astronaut. It is still entertaining

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks