What's new

Stargate SG1- Meridian 5/10/02 (1 Viewer)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Any feelings about this particular episode and where the show goes from here?

I enjoyed it a lot and found the Corin Nemic character interesting ... another nerd ... although I remember him from Beans Baxter ... he should be an interesting addition to the show.

I still love the way the show continues to use its own mythology while moving forward. No miracle cures ... and a chance to say good-bye.

Regards

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Good episode but what does TV have against Doctors this week? First Dr. Greene on ER and now Dr. Jackson. I liked it but Mel Harris as Oma, aw hell the whole Oma and ascension story line was dumb. I hate it when they kill off a character. It always limits the way they can come back for future episodes. I will say TNG's D. Crosby was probably brought back in the best way I ever saw.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Its not them writing people off for the hell of it, Its actors wanting to leave :)

capt

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Yes I know Joey. It's funny sometimes I may really like a character but when the actor decides to leave to pursue other things (their head got to big) I hope they fail. That's pretty crappy of me I know.
combadge.gif

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL frank i feel the same way for certain people. When Terry Farrell left DS9 I was so mad i hoped she failed in everything she does :)

Capt

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
God I can still remember how pissed I was at Terry. But for some reason I started watching Becker. Now I love Becker and am glad to see her in it.
combadge.gif

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
IMO, only a moron leaves a successful show. MILK IT for all its worth, because with the exception of George Clooney and a handful of others, you'll NEVER be famousin the movies if you leave

Michael Shanks wanted out, why I can't fathom. Corin Nemec will take his place. Next season looks very promising from the short descriptions I've read of the first 10 episodes.

BTW: Corin was Parker Lewis, not Beans Baxter. Parker was a far superior show

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
After all the apprehension, I actually didn't dislike the episode.

Still bumming over only one more new episode before the show moves to Sci-Fi Hell, er I mean the Sci-Fi (let's cut up old shows so we can show more commercials than ANY other channel) network.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
As Shanks/Jackson was my favorite on the show, I found the episode to be dissapointing. I knew it was coming, but I wish he would have held his breath for 25 more episodes. Then there would be a smooth movie transition, or at least a season 6 that wouldn't feel like someone was missing. It'll be interesting to see how they work Corin in, as I certainly wouldn't have him joining up with SG1 based on this episode.

They've conveniently made it such that if Dr. Jackson is to reappear in a corporeal state, it needn't be Shanks.

I guess he's off to have his raging success in motion pictures. I hear he, Denise Crosby, and David Caruso are headlining next summer's big blockbuster "Misplaced Ego".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks