Stargate SG1- Meridian 5/10/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael TLV, May 11, 2002.

1. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Any feelings about this particular episode and where the show goes from here?

I enjoyed it a lot and found the Corin Nemic character interesting ... another nerd ... although I remember him from Beans Baxter ... he should be an interesting addition to the show.

I still love the way the show continues to use its own mythology while moving forward. No miracle cures ... and a chance to say good-bye.

Regards

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Good episode but what does TV have against Doctors this week? First Dr. Greene on ER and now Dr. Jackson. I liked it but Mel Harris as Oma, aw hell the whole Oma and ascension story line was dumb. I hate it when they kill off a character. It always limits the way they can come back for future episodes. I will say TNG's D. Crosby was probably brought back in the best way I ever saw.

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Its not them writing people off for the hell of it, Its actors wanting to leave :)

capt

4. Frank Anderson

Yes I know Joey. It's funny sometimes I may really like a character but when the actor decides to leave to pursue other things (their head got to big) I hope they fail. That's pretty crappy of me I know.
    [​IMG]

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

LOL frank i feel the same way for certain people. When Terry Farrell left DS9 I was so mad i hoped she failed in everything she does :)

Capt

6. Frank Anderson

God I can still remember how pissed I was at Terry. But for some reason I started watching Becker. Now I love Becker and am glad to see her in it.
    [​IMG]

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

IMO, only a moron leaves a successful show. MILK IT for all its worth, because with the exception of George Clooney and a handful of others, you'll NEVER be famousin the movies if you leave

Michael Shanks wanted out, why I can't fathom. Corin Nemec will take his place. Next season looks very promising from the short descriptions I've read of the first 10 episodes.

BTW: Corin was Parker Lewis, not Beans Baxter. Parker was a far superior show

8. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    Thanks for the correction ... [​IMG] I get so confused ...
    Regards

9. Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis Stunt Coordinator

After all the apprehension, I actually didn't dislike the episode.

Still bumming over only one more new episode before the show moves to Sci-Fi Hell, er I mean the Sci-Fi (let's cut up old shows so we can show more commercials than ANY other channel) network.

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

As Shanks/Jackson was my favorite on the show, I found the episode to be dissapointing. I knew it was coming, but I wish he would have held his breath for 25 more episodes. Then there would be a smooth movie transition, or at least a season 6 that wouldn't feel like someone was missing. It'll be interesting to see how they work Corin in, as I certainly wouldn't have him joining up with SG1 based on this episode.

They've conveniently made it such that if Dr. Jackson is to reappear in a corporeal state, it needn't be Shanks.

I guess he's off to have his raging success in motion pictures. I hear he, Denise Crosby, and David Caruso are headlining next summer's big blockbuster "Misplaced Ego".