Stargate SG-1 Watergate

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_B, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

This is old news for those of you that have showtime, but I really am loving these last episodes of Stargate SG-1. Watergate was better than a lot of the movies I've seen.
    Here is a synopsis of the show(I'll put it in spoiler mode, in case someone has not seen it yet)Spoiler:When the Stargate won't open, trapping teams offworld, the SG-1 team investigates and learns that the Russians have their own Stargate. Their Stargate, apparently recovered from the sea after an Asguard ship crashed on earth, is locked open, maintaining a perpetual wormhole that defies explanation. At the request of Russian scientist Dr. Svetlana Markov, the SG-1 team is dispatched to the Russian stargate facility, where they make a shocking discovery. All the soldiers and scientists are dead and the Stargate remains locked open, connected to a water-covered planet. Svetlana explains that the Russians had retrieved a sample of the water, and found it has amazing properties, including the ability to emit significant levels of energy. That same water, however, seems to have disabled the drone, leaving it inoperable and sending transmissions that are keeping the gate open. Daniel, Carter and Svetlana head through the wormhole in a miniature submarine in an attempt to recover the drone. The water brings the sub to a halt and begins to crush it, leaving the team unable to return through the Stargate. Meanwhile, back at the Russian facility, O'Neill and Teal'c make their own shocking discovery. Inside a freezer is the frozen body of Col. Maybourne, a SG-1 turncoat who has apparently been advising the Russians. As he begins to thaw, he comes back to life, spewing out gallons of water and a terrified warning. This may look like H20, but it's alive and it's playing for keeps.
    Great show. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes.
    Jon

2. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

I liked this older episode as well (only started watching this year, so both Showtime and syndicated episodes are "new" to me.
    I love the one-liners. Jack for instance saying "Oh darn, I've never been in a submarine"