What's new

Stargate SG-1: Season One Slim Set (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'm missing something but on the box it says its the audio is in 5.1 however when I start it its only Dolby 2.0.

Are my discs messed up or is it a simple misprint on the box? I thought this series was released with 5.1 sound?

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
But it still sounds pretty good, right? I actually thought Season 1 sounded better than S2, despite the 5.1 mix. It simply sounded more full and enveloping in Pro-Logic, while the 5.1 seemed a little erratic.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah it does sound good. Today I watched the first 3 episodes and I was very impressed with the 2.0 mix.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
My only problem with the Season 1 set is with the light grain; but that was due to the first season being filmed in 16mm.

From about Season 3 on (when they switched to 35mm) the eps look and sound *glorious* on DVD!

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator

I think they shot in 16mm until Season 4, where they went completely to 35mm (mentioned in one of the commentaries). They only used the 35mm before for FX shots. I agree, though, that S1 has more grain than S2 or S3. It's still there in those seasons if you look for it; mainly in solid colors and skies (see cryo tank in "Into the Fire", for example).

Arild

Supporting Actor
The first three seasons were shot on 16mm, with the season 3 finale being the first episode shot on 35mm. Seasons 4 - 7 were 35mm, seasons 8 - 10 (as well as "Entity" from season 4) were HD.

Roger_R

Second Unit
How were the earlier seasons post-produced? On tape in NTSC resolution? Just wondering if a HD release of the earlier seasons would be possible.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure they did telecine HD transfers. So a HD release would be no problem; they scanned in the film and did post-production in HD (from what I've heard).

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well I just finished Season 4 I have to get Season 5 tomorrow. So all the episodes from now on are ones I haven't seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks