Stargate SG-1 Season 5

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Since my OTHER favorite show is in summer doldrums, I figure we can all talk about the current eps of SG-1?
    How does everyone like it so far? Frankly, I've found this season a little weak, and this week's ep was kind-of pointless. I really hope it's setting up something big.
    Anyone else hate the Replicants with a passion?
    Jeff Kleist

2. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

I'm new to Stargate, having only discovered it this year. Is season 5 the current one that's showing on Showtime? What season is showing on Fox each weekend?

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    Hey ... that's replicator bugs ... mister.
    I have found the season going nicely so far. Lots of cool stuff from previous episodes coming back.
    The Teal'q episode (2) was very well done.
    Cable has season 4 right now.
    REgards
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

4. Mark Wolverton

Mark Wolverton Stunt Coordinator

This is definately one of my favorite shows. I have season 1 on DVD and can't wait for the rest. I do hate the bugs! But, they make for interesting stories.
    ------------------
    Mark W
    "I like to watch."
    Chauncy Gardner - Being There -

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Yes, it is great. I'm watching my tapes of the other seasons again too, and the last few episodes of the current season have answered some questions that I have had - so I almost feel like they are 'wrapping things up'. (for a big finale at the end of season 5. They could close the whole thing up.)
    Maybe Earth can come up with a way to elimate the replicator bugs. The Asgard would really be in our debt then.
    I've also wanted to set up the other stargate near the one that they are using now. We could let the Goa'uld come through and immediately send them to another planet, or set up a moving floor with an acid pit that they could fall into. Wouldn't that be fun? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Glenn

6. Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot Supporting Actor

Joel Fontenot
    I'm not sure yet, Jeff.
    The stories do seem a bit different in tone, though I thought last week was pretty good.
    As Michael says, there seems to be quite a bit more relating to previous seasons popping up. My wife and I assume that they could be working their way to finding a place for everyone to go when it's all over.
    Assuming they don't go into a movie after this season.
    Even so, there could still be an opening left so that a movie could find a way to bring them back together - if the writers went that way story-wise.
    Although, I'm not sure why Eugene... I mean Q... I mean Colonel Frank Simmons suddenly appears this season and harasses everyone. His introduction was rather abrupt - sitting in a chair, almost mid-sentence. I thought I missed something.
    Joel
    P.S. Eugene was my introduction to John De Lancie - a character from "Days of Our Lives" in the late 80's. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it was a lunchtime thing were I worked at during that time.

7. Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot Supporting Actor

Joel Fontenot
    BTW,
    How many other Star Trek actors will we see pop up now that we have John De Lancie and had Marina Sirtis and Rene Auberjonois. Maybe some others I missed. I know there were a bunch of old X-Files people (not counting Don S. Davis and Amanda Tapping).
    Joel
    [Edited last by Joel Fontenot on August 08, 2001 at 10:52 AM]

8. Jeff Kleist

Season 4 starts this fall in syndication
    Showtime has just aired the 6th episode of Season 5
    Every time the Bugs show up, it always seems to turn lame, I really hate them, and get pissed every time they show up.
    Teryl Rotheby(Dr. Frasier) was in Season 2 of the X-Files, that ep where the old people got psychic powers from the medication.
    I think they are waiting to see whether they get cleared for Season 6 to decide how to end this season. Wurd on the street is that whenever they go off the air, they're going to film a movie to come out the following summer

9. Eram Syed

Eram Syed Extra

Are they showing re-runs of this show anywhere. i just started watching it. I taped the episode last friday from Showtime Beyond.
    Thanks
    ------------------
    Eram
    ---------------------
    TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish 6000 + 8VSB, PVR 501, Dish 301, Receiver=Marantz SR5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

10. Jeff Kleist

SciFi starts running repeats next year, when syndication finishes season 4. Until then, there is a nice DVD box set you should be able to find for arond $60 of season 1