What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 1 episode numbering (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I just finished my first SG-1 disc, and popped in #2...did anyone else notice how on the first disc the eps are numbered "Pilot, episode 1, episode 2" and then the second disc starts off with "episode 4". Just found that odd they let that slip by.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Episode 3 is an easter egg.

Just kidding. I loved this show so much when I watched it, I didn't notice the episode numbering at all. I'm happy they are presented in order. I'd be happier if forthcoming seasons came forth sooner.

Corin Nemec has been confirmed for season 6.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Probably because disc 1 was authored about 18 months before the others. Originally it was a stand-alone product to "test the waters"

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, if I remember correctly the stand alone first disc of Stargate SG-1 is presented in 4:3 AR. The ones in the boxed sets are all 16:9.
And yes...let them bring on S2 :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have watched the show from the beginning on ShowTime but must admit I can't remember the broadcast order.

Is it true that the box set is actually in syndication order and not the order in which they were first shown on ShowTime?

I know some one here knows the answer to this question.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep! That would be me. I wrote down all of the orignal air dates. The episode The Nox was #7 and Brief Candle #8.

I still can't understand why they did that and I fear that if they do it again, we're going to know something before we are supposed to, or something like that.

Glenn

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
What is the OAR of SG1?

Was it filmed in 16:9 and cropped to 4:3 in syndication, or was it filmed in 4:3 and cropped to 16:9 for the DVD. (I've only seen it in syndication, so I have no idea what it looked like on Showtime.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jeff: Most likely, it was shot similiarly to open matte... shot in 16x9 but composed for 4x3. In which case, they're just opening up the sides of the frame and adding blackbars.

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
From what I have read "Stargate SG1" has always been filmed in Widescreen / HDTV and cropped for broadcast to American TV.

I just wished that a person did not have to purchase box sets...

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I just wished that a person did not have to purchase box sets...
I agree with David. I liked the first disc so much I went ahead and picked up the second one...thinking that I'd just pick one up now and then to complete the series...

But you can't get discs three, four and five without purchasing the box set!

Aaarrrgggghhh!!!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
So sell the first 2, buy the box set.
That may be my only recourse. I've held off doing that in hopes of locating someone who is selling off individual discs on Ebay...but no such luck...
I just have so many DVDs to buy right now that it's kept me from picking up Stargate SG-1 and other (similarly priced) box sets like the Dirty Harry Collection...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks