Stargate SG-1 on DVD - Season 7?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Berggren, Mar 2, 2004.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

This is a listing of release dates for Stargate SG-1 season sets from http://www.tvshowsondvd.com.

Season 1 Box Set 5/22/2001
    Season 2 Box Set 9/03/2002
    Season 3 Box Set 6/17/2003
    Season 4 Box Set 9/02/2003
    Season 5 Box Set 1/20/2004
    Season 6 Box Set 3/02/2004

Based upon the shortening windows for seasons 4, 5, and 6 (with 6 arriving just weeks after 5) and the fact that the syndication run has not yet completed for season 6, is it likely that MGM will release season 7 in advance of July so that DVD viewers can catch up with the series for Season 8 and Season 1 of Stargate Atlantis?

I found other ways of catching up between season 1 on DVD and season 5 on Showtime, but I know several friends who'd love to catch up on DVD for the new season on Sci-fi.

Anyone have any idea?

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

I bet MGM schedules a June or July release date for Season 7 ...that would put an announcement sometime either later this month or in early April.

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

My guess was this September, just like season 4. June would be nice, but at any rate we'll only see one box set once a year now. It's going to suck waiting a whole year, but then again we are caught up.

Glenn

4. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

I completely lost track of what season I am watching.

Can someone give me a run down on what aired on Sci Fi, what aired on Showtime and how the two intersect?

I thought Season 5 was the last season, then Sci Fi picked it up, that was 6, and whats currently on now is 7?

I have Season 4 and wouldn't mind picking up the rest, I believe I have seen almost all of the eps through reruns and all that but now you've got me confused over what I have and have not seen.

Thanks

5. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

Yeah, it will suck, but at least we'll now have TWO Stargate shows to keep us occupied. God I can't wait to see what Atlantis is going to be like.

6. Mark Silver

Mark Silver Stunt Coordinator

Eric,

Your rundown of the history is correct. It gets more complicated because, syndication is a year behind Sci-Fi and is currently airing Season 6.

Season 7 has three new eps left that will air on Sci-Fi. Season 8 and Atlantis will begin to air in about 3 months.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I hope they consider June to get people in line with the broadcast. I myself have been ready for one per year for a while since I've been in line with the broadcast since season 5.