Stargate SG-1 "Nightwalkers" - 7/12/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter D, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Was I the only one surprised by the fact that they pretty much blew off the whole 'O'Neill has a symbiote' storyline for this entire episode? Very odd.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

From what I hear, RDA does not have a full-season contract this year. The show has a history to just blowing off big storylines (See last year's 2-part Tok'ra episodes for a good example) We can assume he won't leave the Tok'ra's care until he's got no symbiote, or (I think would be very interesting) learned to live w/it

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

They didnt blow the story off at all. O'neil is still under the care of the tok'ra and it involves next weeks episode

capt

4. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I saw the preview for next week and I guessed that would be the focus, but it seemed like that should have been *this* week's episode. To have them say 'the Tokra are still looking for a new host for his symbiote' and just move on really kind of undercut things.

I dunno - SG-1 lately seems kind of adrift, like they don't know exactly where they are taking the show and its characters.

5. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

I think they are doing a similar situation to what ER did during its final few episodes of this past season, where Mark Greene went off to Hawaii with Rachel, Elizabeth and Ella for his final days while the ER staff had their own adventures
    which occurred concurrently. So basically, the two storylines run at the same time even though we see one part or side first.

I would wager to bet that ABYSS occurs concurrently if not soon after NIGHTWALKERS at which point O'Neill will rejoin SG-1.

6. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Can someone recap? I remember Oneil got sick due to the Ancient lady... but when offered a symbiott he said "over my dead body"

I must have been pretty sleepy when I watched this episode, because I simply don't remember him receiving one. I take it he changes his mind at the end?

7. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

yeah the episode ended with them taking jack in a box ( [​IMG] ) through the stargate, to the tokra.

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Actually Stargate SG-1 isnt adrift. They pretty much planned this entire last season before they started because they want the end of the show to lead into the SG-1 movie and eventually the new series

capt

9. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Ah, ok. That explains why I don't remember him receiving a snake in the head... it was done off screen between eps.

Just curious, but did any of the Tokra try that hand unit healing device first?

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

To my understanding, the Tok'ra had no other way of healing O'neil than through a symbiote.

Next week's episode deals directly with Jack's situation, and also has a "very special guest star". I look forward to it.

I think this week's episode could be very important in the long run. I thought it was somewhat "X-files" and built on the relationships between the other 3 SG-1 members. I'm really enjoying the dynamic of Carter/Jonas. This coming from someone who would pay to see Shanks back on a permanent basis.

11. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I agree John...so far I have been pleasently surprised with Jonas's dynamic with every major character.