What's new

Stargate SG-1 New season (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Big gigantic oops! You're absolutely right. The space battle was so gigantic I totally blocked her spacewalk from my mind. :b

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, it looked pretty bad for our heros, since they weren't making much of a dent in the Ori ships.

My wife thinks there is going to be a time travel solution of some sort, due to a throwaway line from Daniel early in the episode.

Jason

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Okay, I'm a bit lost here since I didn't watch every season, but where the hell did the Russians get a big-ass Asgard tech ship and who the hell are the Lucian Alliance?

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

Very quickly:

The Lucian's are essentially a criminal enterprise who got a bunch of Goa'uld motherships. We saw them in action earlier this season when SG-1 was accused of stealing Stargates.

The Russians got the next ship off the assembly line during last week's episode as the price to be paid for SG-1 to hold on to the Russian supplied Stargate.

All of the above happened this season.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The Lucian Alliance are also the people that Vala was going to sell the Prometheus to back in her first appearance last season. I believe that was their first mention. Nature abhors a vacuum... with the Goa'uld out of the picture someone had to take up the reins, at least in *this* galaxy. :D

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the russian ship happened within the last 2 episodes or so. the russians forced the General's hands on the fact that the stargate is "on loan" from russia to US. the diplomat used china as leverage to sanction their own ships. they probably already built it but just wanted US support (world police) to be able to use it. at least, that's what i got out of it =).

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I finally got around to watching the season finale last night. I couldn't honestly help but make Monty Python jokes during the Camelot stuff. Overall I thought it was a good one. The most epic/clifhanger episode they've had in a while. I liked the end space battle with basically the whole alliance (Human, Jaffa, Asgard, Tok'ra and Lucien) in shambles.

Some interesting stuff going down. I dislike the different Grail myths though, I'm a traditionalist in that point of view, but there were a number of seemingly throw away references in the episode. The whole if someone pulls the sword out then Arthur will return, it's never said in what form and Vala looked at the end like she was nearly ready for giving birth, just a theory anyway.

I can't wait till July, but it's only 4 and half months away.

Honestly I keep trying to watch Atlantis but I can't get into, not enough mythology for me, that's the thing I love about SG-1 all the mythology, Daniel really makes the show accessible considering he's basically a genius.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I think Vala is one of the best things to happen to the show in a long while. Of course, I think that Claudia Black can do no wrong so that probably has something to do with it.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

I agree. Claudia Black is quite the actress, not mention she's quite pretty and I love her accent. Her character had a great chemistry with Daniel that I can't wait to see again.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i loved it when claudia black was looking at ben's ass. that was such a farscape moment!!! =).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the plot for the 200th episode (from the link above), wasn't that done already a few seasons ago?

Glad to see he's coming back.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I believe the "Wormhole X-treme" was done to celebrate the 100th episode. That was in Season 5. Make sense to revisit it for the 200th.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I love this show to death but I think they should try something else for the 200th episode.

But then again, this show is so consistently good that I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
"So is the show real?"
"No, you are just playing an actor who is in a show"
"The show isn't real?"
"No"
"But I am getting payed with real money?"

Arild

Supporting Actor
This reminds me, I wonder if they're going to bring back the guest actors (Michael DeLuise, etc.) who played the SG-1 knock-off characters in 'Wormhole X-Treme'? I figure this episode will be kinda hard to pull off, otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks