What's new

Stargate SG-1 "Full Circle" (1 Viewer)

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
OK, I'll admit I was the one warning everyone once this show went to scifi it would go down the tubes...but the last several episodes (The Changeling, Memento, Prophecy) might have started to change my opinion.

Then we have Full Circle, the episode which was originally going to be the series finale...
What did I miss? This was not the great episode I had heard about.

[rant]i told you guys that the scifi channel would butcher another show[/rant]

sorry.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What are you talking about? 6 has been a strong season. The Changeling was a horrible episode. Sure it was an important turn, but it was dull as doornails. Sci-Fi has little or nothign to do with the creative process, as usual you seem to be one of the people complaining "Too much mythology, not enough planet of the week".

What did you miss? I dunno...you watched it right?

As far as I can tell what was changed to make it the SEASON finale is Daniel's defiance and the showdown with Sokar was changed to him getting beamed away instead of blowing Sokar up.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
A low 'fair' for me. Too many episodes played on previous ones. The quality from the previous years just hasn't been there.

Also, Jackson will be back next season, but now that the gang has some notes to read over, will season 7 be the last?

Glenn

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My sister in law just picked up Sci-Fi on her cable this season, so we've FINALLY gotten to see an entire season of SG-1. Without the benefit of all the older episodes (although quite a few here and there), we have really enjoyed this season. Haven't seen last night's wp yet, but will see it on tape later today.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Season 7 is DEFINATELY the last

However there has been the spinoff (Stargate: Atlantis) which was set up BIG time in 621 in the works for several years, which will presumably star Jonas, since he's going to be background/support guy in season 7.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the season, but was disappointed in last night's episode. Sure, it answered a lot of questions, but it mainly set up the next (and final) season. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the race against Annubis to find the Lost City of the Ancients. I was just hoping the season finale would at least resolve something.

One question for everybody:
Are the System Lords now gone for good?

Spoiler tags removed

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Matt, there is no need to spoiler it
And no, they're not. How many times did Apophis "die"? :)
It's not known who has survived, but don't forget "Every time we kill one, a worse Goa'uld steps up"

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I thought the episode itself was fine, but we (my wife and I) were very disappointed in finding out who Anubis was - that was a big let down actually after the hint-like build-up all this time.

Or maybe we just read hints into things that were never there.

In the first few minutes of the show, we were also starting to think, maybe, Ra? That would have been cool, but that didn't happen.

Joel

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I actually liked the Anubis explanation. It explains how he's so much more powerful than the other system lords.

...but Ra would have been pretty damn kewl too.

I really liked this episode, but was a tad disappointed in this season as a whole. There were many single eps that I liked, but in whole I thought there were a few too many "planet of the week" episodes. At least this episode really sets up the next season.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why would Anubis be Ra?

Goa'uld ego wouldn't allow the all-powerful Ra, King of the Gods to masquerade as someone who's banished

And Ra is rather definatively dead, nuclear blasts and all

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just think it would be an interesting twist. I agree that it isn't plausible though.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
And Ra is rather definatively dead, nuclear blasts and all
Yeah, well, how many times was Apophis supposed to be dead.

And, it really would be full circle, would it not?

Actually, the idea of Anubis really being Apophis was our original thinking, what with his appearance in Teal'c's dream, saying "you can't get away"...or something like that right after that Anubis raid in "The Changeling". I mean, why bring Apophis in like that - why would Teal'c even think of him? That was our thinking.

Obviously, that didn't happen either. :)

Joel

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
One thing though...it could be either Ra or Apothis as Daniel said "One of the Go'ould figured out how to ascend."

He didn't say which one!

My wife and I both thought it was going to be Apothis and still may well be:)!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, he says, "Anubis figured out how to ascend"

Yeah, well, how many times was Apophis supposed to be dead.
But when they finally ran Apophis into a planet, he stayed dead.

There are certain scenarios that are virtually impossible to write your way out of

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Jeff,

Not that I'm arguing the point, but I swear he didn't say "Anubis" in that line. Haven't they said previously that they didn't know who Anubis really was...meaning he could be a Go'ould from nowhere?

Obviously, I bow down before your superior knowledge of all things SciFi:D and allow for errors on my part:)

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Ok...I give up:)...

I interpreted that line differently...as in "a Go'ould now named Anubis, who died as some completely different Go'ould (whose name we didn't know or wasn't told) figured out how to ascend."

As I said, I defer to the SciFi knowledge of the All Powerful High Priest 'o Joss:)

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I really enjoyed this episode and thought this season was better than the last few. We are just getting used to watching SG1 with commercials ;) but since it's no longer on Showtime and Odyssey 5 was blown out the hatch (yes, I am still including that in every possible post, it was really good) we canceled Showtime. :) Wow, that didn't flow well, but you see what I am saying.

The Ancients found some way to ascend, fine. But if The Ancients now are known to exist, and we know the kind of technology they possessed, doesn't that have a similar impact on the peoples of the galaxy on the show that meeting the Vulcans did on Earth? As far as no mo war, etc?

I understand that Michael Shanks has a huge female and gay following but I really don't care either way between Jonas or Daniel Jackson as the fourth member of SG1. I know DJ was an "original" and is key to the story but Jonas is "aight" too. I like the fact that his "superpower" is his reading ability and non-mathematical cognitive ability.

So, season 7 this summmer as we look for the Lost City of The Ancients (in Canada.) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks