What's new

Stargate SG-1 Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
It was a good show, lasted a long time, and if Sci Fi's recent series of successes, even cancelled ones continues then I'd bet we get something good to replace it.

I bet part of that money will be going to BSG which is the short term winner for the channel.

They'll make decent cash off of syndication, 10 years of programming is a lot to send out.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Just to be clear: The channel won't make any cash off of syndication; I believe the production company and distributor are the ones who do.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

Gee was that a Dell that Carter was using to interface with the Ori ship in the last episode? I think it was. :)

Advertisers are going to need to be much more industrious about their model. Before there was Tivo, I was off popping my popcorn or using the restroom during commercial breaks.

Gateworld has an interview that indicates that MGM is looking for another avenue for the show. Scifi has indicated (in the same interview) that their contract will not allow it to appear on US Television if they produce more. Not sure how that works, but it was a pretty nasty statement.

Again, I'm willing to step up and say I'd buy S11 on DVD right away, even though I've held off buying S8-10 in favor of BluRay. I know for a fact that the producers were plotting S11 already since all the contracts were in place. My understanding is that the story arcs all lasted through another 20 episodes.

The Ori Story is not a 2 year story...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
What a shame. This is the one show I could keep watching even if there was no plot and the SG-1 team was watching paint dry. I like it that much.

But you guys are right. 10 years is a very good run. If it's meant to go out, let it do so on a high note.

I also read somewhere that Dean Devlin wanted to make a Stargate sequel with Kurt Russell and James Spader. That would be cool but I would also love to see an SG-1 movie with the cast.

BTW, the 200th episode was a riot! I especially LOL when they played the Farscape clip. These guys are the best when it comes to making fun of themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks