What's new

Stargate SE (1 Viewer)

Devin Rowe

Auditioning
I didn't know whether to put this in the software section or hardware section but here goes. I have a Toshiba 50H81 and a Pioneer 434 DVD player. The Stargate box says it is a 1.85:1 "matted" widescreen format. While watching the movie it does not look like that is the right aspect ratio, the black bars look way too big. The dvd player is set properly to 16:9 tv setting and I tried 3 different choices on the tv (Full,Normal, and Theaterwide 1). Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
Devin

Devin Rowe

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply Matt. It ticks me off that they made it that way. Maybe I shouldn't get anymore DVD's that say "matted" widescreen. I know this is an older DVD, but is there anymore DVD's that are like this that you can think of?
Devin

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
but is there anymore DVD's that are like this that you can think of?
Like what? If you mean not enhanced for 16:9, there are plenty. If you mean with an original aspect ratio of 2.35:1, there are even more.
Don't get hung up on the term "matted widescreen". It's not a technical term, but just another way of saying "letterbox" or "widescreen".
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks