Stargate SE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Qui-Gon John, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I don't get it. I just rented and watched Stargate SE. I can't believe they'd make a SE and it be non-anamorphic. What's up with that?
    ------------------
    Qui-Gon John

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

A lot of people asked the same thing when the disc came out two years ago.
    There were reports that Artisan didn't have access to proper source materials for a new transfer, but I don't remember whether that was ever confirmed.
    M.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

This is true, the extra scenes only exist on videotape, and on the anamorphic foreign versions are reported to look a lot worse than the surrounding footage
    Jeff Kleist

4. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

When the SE was done for LD, the extra footage was finished on tape. In order to do an SE for DVD in 16x9, a lot of money must be spent and that won't happen.
    It's a shame, because the SE cut is a much better film and at least explains some of the stupidity in the theatrical cut (why go in with guns and a friggin nuke if there is no evidence of a threat?).
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

5. Randy van Rijn

Randy van Rijn Auditioning

'This is true, the extra scenes only exist on videotape, and on the anamorphic foreign versions are reported to look a lot worse than the surrounding footage'
    True... I just bought the dutch R2 DTS-version of Stargate SE, and while the anamorphic transfer of the 'theatrical scenes' looks great... The extra scenes do not... Too bad...
    The soundtrack sounds pretty cool though.
    Randy