What's new

Stargate questions. (1 Viewer)

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
i have watched S1-S4, i know I need to watch S7 before watching Stargate: Atlantis - Rising, my question is:

Is Stargate: Atlantis - Rising a pilot and will it be on S1 of Stargate: Atlantis?

Thanks

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, you don't need to watch Stargate SG-1 Season 7 in order to understand Atlantis. Atlantis is set up all on its own and the formation of the Atlantis team takes place in the series pilot episode.

I have the first seven seasons on DVD and there's nothing there to incline you to watch S7 before watching Stargate Atlantis. I think fans of the original Stargate SG-1 as well as the studios keep clamoring that fans need to watch it in order to understand the setup for Stargate Atlnatis.

There are only passing references to Atlantis, the ancient city but that's only in the very last episode and it's a to-be-contined into Season 8.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
You don't have to watch SG1 to understand Atlantis... but it helps. Really I think that there are only six SG1 episodes that really are vital to Atlantis, and they aren't THAT vital.

1.18 Solitudes
6.4 Frozen

Frozen is more important of those two, but they are almost a prologue to the events in Atlantis.

7.21 Lost City, Part 1
7.22 Lost City, Part 2

On the DVDs they show as one single episode, and it leads directly into ...

8.1 New Order, Part 1
8.2 New Order, Part 2

New Order features one of the Atlantis leading actors and takes place chronologically right before Rising.

John*D

Second Unit
Watch the first two episodes of Season 8 of SG-1 before watching Season 1 of Atlantis.

They set things up for ATLANTIS!

However, you might be perplexed in regards to certain things if you are going from Season 4 straight to season 8... If you haven't seen seasaons 5-7, then you ought to wait until you are all caught up before starting to watch Atlantis.

I got into the show when the 2nd or 3rd season started in syndication and this was before the DVD season sets. I was really mixed up as I had missed chunks of seasons and they were just starting to air the show on Scifi so it took me a while to get all caught up.

It's a great franchise. I hope it continues to flourish...

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the good info. I plan on watching S5-S8 before getting into Atlantis. I just saw the pilot on sale for $24.99 and was curious why buy it if it will be on the season set as well.

Thanks again.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
In reply to Rob's spoiler...

That's 6.1/6.2 Revelations. Where the Antartic Gate is destroyed, there is a whole discussion of the Antartic gate and it's DHD.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Wait until Stargate Atlantis Season 1 is released. The Stargate Atlantis DVD that was recently released is a special promotional release to get more fans into buying the DVD's.

The Season 1 DVD set that comes out in November will have that Pilot episode of Atlantis included in the boxed set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks