Stargate dts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by michael deakin, Nov 6, 2001.

1. michael deakin

michael deakin Stunt Coordinator

Michael Charles Deakin
    Hi guys.
    Just noticed in my local store that " Stargate" region 2, Has been released in anamorphic with a dts track. This is the same directors cut as before with the audio commentary. Can anyone tell me if there is a region 1 version planned. mike [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

...I can remember the mournfull tears, the weeping, the wailing, the gnashing of teeth from the powers that be at R1-ARTISAN over this question; There was THIS good reason, and THAT good reason why they, for the life of them, could not EVER put together an Anamorphic, DTS (or even THX) edition of STARGATE a while back. Yet, lo and behold, first Japan did it, and now Europe with the SE.....so go figure.
    No doubt they will soon magically "find" a way to do it here, so we will have the
    privilige of buying it YET AGAIN...

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's the UK version of the director's cut. I believe it has everything that the US SE does on it. No US reissue is planned at this time, and I'm guessing none until SG passes back to MGM, at the earliest next year

4. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    Personally, I hope that they re-release Stargate because the transfer on the Director's Cut Special Edition DVD is the worst transfer I have had the unfortunate dissatisfaction of viewing.
    In other words, I did not like the transfer [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection