What's new

Stargate: Atlantis Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Arild

Supporting Actor
Maybe that's the point? I say again, it's too early to tell so how about we just wait and see?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I'm actually surprised no one's commented about this yet.

So, Arlid, what did you think? While I will concede a little in that it's a somewhat interesting storyline, I still think it smacks of reusing the familiar - ala Darth Vader created C-3PO; something that didn't necessarily have to be.

Still too many holes if you think about it - they are too busy trying to overcome the degradation issue to build ships, so they hole up on an inhospitable planet. Fine. So, why do they need to activate the device 'now' when they haven't reached their goal - the Wraith obviously aren't bothering them yet, and with the stargate go 'boom' problem, they'd just be cutting down the availablity of their test subjects, so that's not really a good plan. Better would be if they had just found the solution they needed, and now they want to settle and expand.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The asguard are the beings inside the halo suits. Didn't see that one coming.

I was going to say that it'd be interesting having the asguard in the mix now I just remembered that this show is coming to an end so that's that.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, i hate how they keep bringing the same elements like replicants, asgard back to atlantis. let's hope stargate universe keeps everything fresh!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I never liked the Asguard being killed off in the first place. If you ever think about it, here we have races that have been around for eons, and in the short blink of a human lifetime -- or a decade, really -- many are gone. Goa'uld. Replicators. Ori. Asguard. The Tauri Rule!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
no thoughts on the most recent ep? people still trying to catchup? there's but a handful of episodes left and we're still churning out crap like this? *sigh* =P

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I dunno - it was a 'meh' episode.

In a way, I guess I wish they'd left well enough alone and not bring Carson back. I remember back in season 1 when I loved the character and was elated when he was promoted to main cast. But ever since 'Sunday', I guess I feel that the writers 'cheated' in order to bring him back.

Otherwise, it was a pretty uneventful episode.

And I'm really not looking forward to the rehashed 'let's put the heroes on trial' episode this week.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well episode 19 just aired (Vegas). this is the next to the FINAL episode of the series and they give us THIS!?!!?!?

i've also seen 20 but i won't give away the ending ;). it's pretty decent. here are my thoughts on it
both 19 and 20 reference a time paradox where alternate dimension mcckays meet to discuss this very issue. i believe this is a reference to the upcoming direct to DVD/Blu-Ray video movie that is in production that's about traveling to alt. dimensions and Mcckey from Vegas is going to pass into to Mcckay in our dimension. that is why 19 and 20 have been written as a bridge and finale. if they do this i'll be pissed cause we don't see what happens after 20. just in between.

furthermore, out of all cast members, an extra that's only been on/off from the last few seasons, that chic that's getting together with ronin is in the final shot but zelenkda isn't? lol. and have they completely dropped the ford storyline? i would have loved it if ford just keeps coming back.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I thought the "Vegas" episode was fantastic. It was waaaay different than what they normally do. Was this episode written and directed by the same people because it had a very different vibe to it.

Oh, and two thumbs up for using Johnny Cash's song in the episode.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I agree with Shawn, this was an excellent episode, well written and directed. I am still at a loss as to why this series is ending especially when they can do work like this.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Cool episode, although it felt like CSI: Atlantis. Too bad there's only one episode left. I really enjoy this show and have grown fond of many of the characters.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
I'd be interested to see if the producers decide to bring back Ford for the new direct-to-video movies!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i doubt it.

i think most of his stuff was season1 or 2. cant remember now, 2-5 has been very even in tone from season to season depending on which leader atlantis has, it's like a revolving door. SG-1 suffered similar things with daniel jackson's death and replacement character for 1 season. unfortunately things never became the same after that.

so all in all, i guess it's good they decided to end this season because to go on would mean some sort of decline in quality given the uneven tone.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I thought the episode was good from the perspective that it was a change of pace "what if" story, but given that it's the next to the last of series, it was okay - I wish it'd been moved up to have a better build up to the finale.

I'll miss the idea behind Atlantis - hopefully, they'll be able to make several 'direct to DVD' movies, like SG1. I'm certainly not enthused with idea of Universe.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I saw the final ep last night -- and thought they did a terrific job considering the time constraints. Let's face it: This needed to be a two hour finale and seemed to be scripted as such. It's really *astonishing* to me that they were able to cram so much plot into 45 minutes. But the darn thing actually worked! I do wonder, though, if the DVD will contain an expanded version of the ep in order to "flesh out" a few things.

Kevin Gress said:

They've already started pre-production on both a new Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis movie.

The two movies will be filmed at the same time during the Summer such that the casts and the sets for both shows can be easily interchanged. Presumably the cast of SG1 will have an extended cameo in the Atlantis movie and vice-versa.

Oh, and Richard Dean Anderson will play a prominent role in the new SG1 movie.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I loved the SG:A finale so much more than I did the SG:1 one.

The final shot of them looking out over the Golden Gate Bridge had a very "Trek" feel to it.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Overall, a good finale - I was expecting a cliffhanger. But it really does leave alot open - I assume that Earth is effectively "done" with the Pegasus galaxy. And if those on Atlantis thought the IOA's involvement was intrusive before, it will be incredibly overbearing now, as the IOA will probably open shop there. Plus, I would figure that Daniel would visit a whole lot more too.

And I love how they leave the Todd storyline - ala Sopranos. I figure he's dead until they decide that he's not.

The one problem I had was with the instant solution - wormhole drive. I wish the writers would have put in the forethought to introduce the idea several episodes ago, so it wouldn't look like the 'quick fix' that it certainly was.

It'll be interesting to see where the Atlantis movie goes, given this finale.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ok, now that ya'll have seen it. what i put into the spoiler from a few weeks ago is this:

do u think the SGA film will be about the 2 mcckays from teh vegas timeline and the 'real' timeline talking to one another. because both ep19&20 reference this incident, but we never GOT to see it, makes me think that that is what the movie is going to be about. any1 else?

Arild

Supporting Actor
Nah. The alternate McKay probably met another alternate McKay, not anyone from "our" universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks