What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Arild

Supporting Actor
There has been some really good stuff this season. The mid-season two-parter, for instance. And the season finale thoroughly kicked ass from start to finish, IMO.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i didn't like that. nor did i like the finale. i think s2's finale was better. meh, we'll see what happens in s4.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

This is one of the big problems of Atlantis, IMO. It seems to be Star Trek lite half the time, which isn't really what I want out of the show. If I wanted Trek, I'd watch Trek.

Jason

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wait, I'm getting confused. So what's currently airing is the second half of season 3 right?

I missed the conclusion to the replicator cliffhanger but that wasn't the season finale right? That was just a mid-season cliffhanger?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

Yes ... That's correct!! If you want to view the resolution of the cliffhanger, it's available for download on iTunes. It's probably the best episode (so far) of the second half of the third season.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
so the season finale spoiler posted by JediFonger is referring to the this current season, which hasn't aired yet. And I thought it was the mid-season cliffhanger. And I read it. Damn it! :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was good and realistic in that sometimes the good guys do die but I'll miss the character of Dr. Carson Beckett.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I had no idea that was coming. Well, I too will certainly miss the character of Dr. Beckett. Does anyone know why this happened? Did he want off the show?

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
No, it was the producer's idea. There's a good interview with Paul McGillion at Gateworld that talks all about it.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Another reason may be to reduce their budget. If the rumor is true there will be more costs incurred if some SG-1 talent is utilized in the next season.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the producers of SGA hyped this sunday episode a lot. i was completely underwhelmed by it. i expected a whole lot more and rodney didn't express emotions when his BEST FRIEND died, even at the end, i thought that sucked. here's the most emotional character of SGA and they didn't fully make him weep like a little girl like he should have... it just didn't feel right. the intercutting of becket asking people to do stuff is gimmicky.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Boy ... Being a doctor on a Stargate series is now (almost) the equivalent of the Star Trek "red shirts"!! :)

I just viewed this ep via my DVR and I have to concur with JediFonger above that it didn't have quite the emotional impact that I was expecting. Perhaps it had something to do with the "Pulp Fiction-esque" narrative.

In any event, I'll miss the good doctor. I'll never forget the episode when he stated, in his best Scottish brogue, "I canna' get that "Cling-on" off his neck!"

Oh ... And never forget: In science fiction nobody can ever be considered totally dead until (and if) you see his head being carried around on a pole!! ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Just saw the Seasons 3 DVD set listed at TVShowsOnDVD and noticed they placed "Sunday" before "The Ark". Beckett dies and then is suddenly resurrected on the next disc. Hurray! :D

Arild

Supporting Actor
CRAP! Hope they fix that before release. :frowning:

BTW, "Disc 1" is not an episode. :D

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the episode where Beckett bites it. Sucked that he had to go. I got to like the character and the actor a lot.

I assume they're making room in the budget for the SG-1 characters to come on board next season, if all those rumors are true, that is.

If the other rumor/spoiler is true, I wonder who's going to take charge of the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks