What's new

Stargate: Atlantis Season 2 (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Or, the Ancients that were left didn't have enough resources or knowledge to defend themselves. I would assume that the best and the brightest "ascended", and what was left may have been less of the whole who built their cities.

Jason

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I liked the season opener a lot as well but I have a questions (I missed this). How did the Daedalus made it to the same galaxy that Atlantis is in and how did they know how to get there?

I don't want to get into who'd kick whose butt between the Asgard and the Wraith but that would be a very interesting war to watch.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

They knew how to get there because they had what amounts to a map,which gave them the gate address. I assume that once they got there, they were either able to get a star-fix on their own or pulled it from Atlantis' own computers. The 'how' is that the Daedelus has been fitted with Asgard hyperdrives, which allows for relatively fast insterstellar and even intergalactic travel.

I will drop further discussion of the hypothetical butt-kicking :)

RG

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Because the Atlantis team sent a huge data packet back home through the Stargate near the end of S1. One would assume it contained stellar coordinates for the planet that the Atlantis base is on. Stargate Command also received messages for the team members' families, complete mission reports, etc.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I remember the data packet sent through the Stargate. I guess that's how SGC was able to know where to send reinforcements.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I believe that some sort of plague hit the Ancients and greatly reduced their number. I've always assumed that the physical malady contributed to the Ancients' decision to ascend to a nonphysical plain - it was there best hope for survival.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else notice the HAL 9000 when the second door closed to the hanger bay to keep Shepard and Mckay out??? Very nice tribute to a classic movie considering the plot.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
They fiqure out that the virus is in the figthers, Shepard and Mckay try to go to the hanger but the first door is closed and then they go over to another door and as it is closing, along the far wall behind the door centered on the wall is a HAL 9000. Used my PVR to verify.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The second half of this season starts tomorrow and I'm very excited about it.

Should we have an ongoing thread or a season by season thread? What do you guys think?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Moderators: can you remove the "season 2" from the title of this thread so we can use this to discuss the ongoing series?

Back to the topic: Interesting to see the Goa'uld make an appereance in Atlantis.

SG command is able to send a message to Atlantis about a bomb that was planted somewhere in the city and how the Goa'uld somehow infiltrated it. I was surprised to see who the perpetrator was...didn't see that coming.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Enjoyed the episode overall however a little Dr. McKay goes a long way, and a lot of him is downright annoying. :)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Not for me. Given how bland SG-1 has gotten because everyone agrees on everything, Atlantis is at least having their characters snip and fight each other, making it more believable and entertaining. My only fear is that McKay will lose that 'edge' to him and become the always-heroic science guy. "Grace Under Pressure" was one of the more enjoyable episodes this season.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
McKay's interaction with Carter was great. Very entertaining episode. Very good and touching ending with McKay sort of saying good-bye to imaginary Carter after he gets rescued.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Argh, I forgot that Sci-Fi is behind the Canadian broadcast. Please catch up so I can talk about the season finale. ;)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i love this show. big SG1 and SGA fan. i've seen all episodes so far for both shows.

it also has one of the best surround sounds of many a shows now. starting in season2 of SG1 DVD, nearly every action episode has a had a very nice strong surround speaker mix. very nice. =). you guys been listening?

i just finished season2 finale. again, lots more surround info in it =), especially the ship flybys. what do you think will happen in season3? speculations? this is a NON spoilers, so please make spoiler posts in black background.

according to tv.com the story continues =).

imho, SGA has a MUCH MUCH stronger series debut season in general than SG1, but i sorta' expected that. my fav character thus far in the series is mcckay. i think he's portraying one of the most human in feeling so far. he eats a lot, fears a lot and is cocky, sounds like a great many of us if you're honest with yourself! =).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks