Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Announced

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
That is so lame, for it to be so many months behind Stargate SG-1 Season 9, which aired during the same time frame!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Is there anything going on with the series in March? Maybe they're releasing it timed to something?

Gord

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The series comes back back with the second half of season 3 in March on Sci-Fi along with the final epsidoes of SG-1.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, that explains why they held the DVD set; they'll be able to get some free press when people write stories about the return of Atlantis.

Gord

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
The R4(australia) release came out the other day(Nov29) and the specs(special features)are identical to the upcoming R1.

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
The R4(australia) release came out the other day(Nov29) and the specs(special features)are identical to the upcoming R1.

ChrisCook

Screenwriter
I just read over at the GateWorld Forum that both "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" won't be back until April. It's in the latest issue of TV Guide. That's a rather long wait to see the rest of the current season of "Atlantis" and the final episodes of "Stargate SG-1".

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised that Sci Fi is waiting for so long to air the last half of the season. No wonder there are so many disillusioned Sci Fi fans for this particular network.

The problem I have is that Sci Fi has always programmed the majority of their broadcast space to horror and those few Sci Fi shows they seem to drag out. Look at how long it took them to begin the third season of Battlestar Galactica. Instead of starting the season in September as most shows do, they waited until October.

I half expected Sci Fi to bring the second half back in January like they usually do but this time they're waiting until later? With the DVD release, since Stargate: Atlantis is still a relatively new show, and the season sets would be released on a yearly basis as the Stargate SG-1 season sets have be done during the past few years.

ChrisCook

Screenwriter
What has me worried with what Sci-Fi is doing to "Stargate Atlantis" and "Battlestar Galactica" is whether they will continue the new "Doctor Who". The second series wraps up on December 22nd and beyond that I don't know if we'll see the third series with the show's second "Christmas" special and the spin-off series "Torchwood", which I'm really looking forward too. However, BBC America has been running the first series of "Doctor Who", so if Sci-Fi decides that they've had enough of the good doctor maybe that network could carry it (though it would be great if they also aired Series 4 and Series 5 of "MI-5" as I doubt A&E will).

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Well, it's not like they haven't had lots of time to work on it. I was expecting the second half of the Stargate seasons to crank up in January as they usually have when they're on the July/January half-season schedules. Wish I didn't have to wait so long for the second half of the seasons or the season 2 Atlantis DVDs.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo