What's new

'Starfox Adventures' - Oh boy did Nintendo/Rare drop the ball on this one! (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
To me its one of those games that when it was announced I said to myself "that looks stupid". There are a few of these every year that, to me, look like games made just to reach some quota so a company can get more funding for better games.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
What I find interesting is the amount of people who raved about it when it was launched on here & on other forums, and how now opinion seems to have swayed against it.
I think that's probably because people got a chance to play through the whole game. I was pretty amazed at the game when it started, but I've lost a little interest in it as the game has progressed. I'm still enjoying it, but it's lost a lot of thet "wow" factor it had when I first opened it.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I think that's probably because people got a chance to play through the whole game.
I think you hit it right there. I really enjoyed the start of the game, and thought it was the heir apparent to Zelda. Sure, the combat needed some more depth, but I liked the general idea of the game. The problem was that as you got to the end, you realized that the flying levels were really tacked on, the difficulty really wasn't there, and that the game was just too short. It still wasn't a terrible game, but not up to the Zelda standards that I thought it might have been at first. Honestly though, a few more side quests and nonlinear gameplay would have done wonders for this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks