What's new

Starfox Adventures Delayed YET again!?! (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
IGN is reporting (from confidential sources) that Nintendo is set to announce in the next few weeks that Starfox will be delayed again until September.

All I can say is: Shitsucking Bastards!

Nintendo, what the hell are you doing? Do you not want to sell consoles? You can only shoot yourself in the foot so many times before you lose the company. No wonder Ken Lobb went to work for the Agents of the Devil.

I consider myself to be a huge Nintendo fan, but I have put off buying a GC until Starfox, Eternal Darkness, or any of the other biggies are released. As IGN put it, with only Eternal Darkness slated for summer, Nintendo will go 5 months without a first-party release (that is if ED doesn't get delayed too). At this rate it will the holiday season before I get one. (I debated adding 'or ever' to that sentence, but I could never leave Zelda or Mario).

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Ummm, any *true* Nintendo fan has dealt with the delays for quite some time now. In fact, you shouldn't be shocked at all.

Remember how long Goldeneye was delayed? Or Zelda?

But it never matters in the end; once the game is released, all is forgiven. I'm not saying it's the right way; I'm saying it's the way we've grown accustomed to.

I think Resident Evil, ED, Turok, Wrestlemania, and other third-party titles can hold me over till this holiday season.

Dan B

Screenwriter
It is a bit of a letdown! I love Rare, but to go the first year of the Gamecube's release without releasing a game stinks.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm used to the delays of the N64 days, because there was always something else to fall back on. I'm really shocked that anyone owns a GC at this point, because it a dry barren wasteland out there with very few cacti. I don't want them to rush anything, but Nintendo should have planned ahead better for the future.

You can only ride so far on so little.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
They need a killer game for June. It'll be kind of silly for it to take a YEAR for RARE (their premeire second party developer) to release a game for the new system.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
The delay may have to do with this which I found at Voodooextreme.com

Gaming-Age is kicking around a rumor "from a reliable source" this morning that Microsoft may be looking to buy out Starfox Adventures developer Rare (they did Goldeneye too). The report is based on an "Microsoft insider email" which proclaims the following: This was due to a bad relationship with Nintendo and they are also finding it hard to develop for the Gamecube.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Ohhhh I don't believe that for a second. Nintendo owns some 35% of Rare last time I remember.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
No no no no no no. PLEASE do not give that rumour any credit or time of day. It was started on the Gaming Age forum for a laugh & now a ton of sites are reporting it as fact based on each others' reporting of the original forum post.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
After Rare developed for the N64, you're telling me they had a hard time developing for the Gamecube? Not a chance.

Other aspects of that rumour are also shaky, like the part mentioning Star Fox Adventures will be an Xbox title. That would never happen because Star Fox is owned completely by Nintendo; it would be akin to them selling Mario or Kirby to Microsoft, which would never happen.

Here's a FACT: April fools!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Haha yea, Starfox is a Nintendo character, not Rare's. What sucks is the gaming sources are doing their April Fools jokes waayyy too early. This is the 3rd time someone's been fooled (other 2 were the SSB secret characters- Sonic & Tails).

Oscar_R

Second Unit
Good thing I own an x-box and PS2 as well ;)
"Nintendo" and "delay" in the same sentence? noooo, really?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I could care less about the release dates. My GCN can collect dust all it wants because I know that it will eventually be used to hell by the end of the year:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks