Starcrash 05/31 (Region 1)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brandon Gantt, May 13, 2005.

1. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

It appears that this will finally be getting a Region 1 release. Amazon has it listed here from a company called Jet Films.

2. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

hmmmmm.
    i remember hearing somehting about Jef films, but i can't remember what.
    i'm thinking they are along the line of Pacific Family, the shady outfit that released lousy 'little more than boots' of things like Convoy and Final Countdown.
    FC was said to be nothing more than a copy of one of the PAL discs, speed up and all.

at one point i would be jumping up and down right now, just in the slim hope that this were true, but getting the R2 disc has helped calm me down a little.
    i would still love to see some company do this film right (a new transfer from a decent print would be my only criteria), but i have my doubts its going to be Jef films.

if i'm wrong, i'll be happy to upgrade though.

edited to add
    seems JEF films has been in business since 1973 , has annual sales of 15 million, and employs 7 people.
    if its the same Jef films, that is.

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Well....at least I will be able to rent the damn thing and finally see it after all these years of reading about it in my old copies of Starlog & Fantastic Films.

.........Hasselhoff......Hasselhoff in the disco era......abandon all hope of sanity.......

4. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

Jef films is bad news! So do not expect anything more than a VHS transfer (probably from Charter video), as apperently, thats what you get.

5. ThomasTreasure

Anyone buy this? Any word on the quality? Extras (probably too much to hope for)?