What's new

Star Wars the TV show?.... (1 Viewer)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
LOL!

How about "Survivor - Dagobah." Or "The Jediette." Or "Tatooine Idol with Sy Snoodles."

I'd love to see a movie from the Knights of the Old Republic era. I'm not keen on Star Wars going TV, although Young Indy was an excellent show. Has this in between III-IV been dealt with in novelizations? I don't follow them.

Maybe Lucas is mad that Battlestar Gallactica is coming back.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not in "novelizations", because it hasn't been addressed in the movies. :) In the novels, yes and no. We don't know what was going on in the Empire with Palpatine, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, and Alderaan (though there have been short stories in Dark Horse's "Star Wars Tales" comic featuring young Luke and Leia), but back in the late 70s/early 80s there were two pretty decent novel trilogies put out by Del Rey - Brian Daley's Han Solo adventures and L. Neil Smith's Lando Calrissian adventures. They're listed as part of Expanded Universe continuity, but so is a lot.

There's also a "Young Han Solo" trilogy that was put out by Bantam when they had the license in the mid-nineties (Del Rey has since outbid them) which doesn't directly contradict the Daley or Smith books, but isn't nearly as good (like just about all the Bantam books not written by Timothy Zahn).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If it is animation and post episode III. Spend some extra dough and get the real actors to do the voices.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I would have thought that somewhere along with BG, that Lucas would earn from that show anyway, since there was a lawsuit involved way back when.

Does anybody know more ?

Mike!S

Stunt Coordinator
Well it looks like Lucas's next big venture will be television. What do you want from a Star Wars TV show? I personally would not mind a short story format. With every episode involving different characters. I much rather have this then a long epic involving the crew of the millennium falcon. A outer limits/amazing stories/Twilight zone seems more appropriate. Also Im sure I'll offend someone here, but I hope this is on a real network like NBC,ABC, and not UPN or the WB. Which seems to be the source station for most sci-fi/horror dramas. My guess would be FOX or ABC, this better not be some character driven sap like Smallville. I'll be very disappointed if the show follows Luke Skywalker as a teenager discovering his force powers at a younger age. what do you guys think??

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I dont think Lucas would like to do this, just because he wouldnt be able to add in extra scenes right before it airs. :D

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

Well, given that Lucas is all about the story and the characters, I won't be suprised if it's character driven, although I can't see how that would be a bad idea either. Besides, I happen to like Smallville. :D

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see a series based on the X-Wing series of books. It has minimal main character interaction so it could be done quite easily.

Mike!S

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder how Lucas will be able to keep the effects good enough fro his expectaions with such a limited budget. I also thought of a show formed around the bounty hunters of Star Wars. Even a show based of the Boba Fett character could be good.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
How limited would the budget be? Fox would probably be willing to pay $5M/episode, and Lucas knows there will be third-run money from Sci-Fi or FX coming in as well as DVD money and foreign sales. He also gets ILM to do effects for cost, and Young Indiana Jones was a primer in making impressive-looking TV on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks