Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Which is one of the reasons I bought the individual discs.
I ordered most of them yesterday from Disney movie club. Many were just $14 each.

I hope my order arrives in the next week or so.

rise of skywalker I just ordered from Barnes and nobles as I had a gift card there.

I previously picked up Solo on UHd Blu ray too.

I’m not sure if the updated last Jedi disc will be
Part of the order. I may be getting the precious release. If so I’ll attempt to order the newer one later on.

I can’t imagine ordering the Star Wars films again. But.....

Dave Moritz

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well for now I will not be getting extra cases to store the 4K discs in. My solution to take away the wear and tear from the box set and not deal with the taking the discs in and out of the tight pages was to swap them to the Blu-ray cases.

20200407_104043a.jpg
20200407_104740a.jpg
4K Collection 4_7_2020a.jpg

Reactions: Osato

Dave Moritz

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Dave Moritz
It really humors me that they decided to go with THAT image for the RotJ disc art. :lol:
I agree that choice is odd and funny at the same time. But for me the only thing that matters is having the movie and that the quality of video and sound is good.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It really humors me that they decided to go with THAT image for the RotJ disc art. :lol:
It merely shows someone practicing social distancing by preparing to “eat in.” ;)

Reactions: TravisR

KeithDA

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Keith
The extra 'Warwick and son' feature includes some footage of young Warwick, not in his ewok suit, messing around in the woods with the cast. I've never seen anything like this before and wondered if it was taken from the infamous 'Holiday Special'? I thought this was completely embargoed?/

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
The extra 'Warwick and son' feature includes some footage of young Warwick, not in his ewok suit, messing around in the woods with the cast. I've never seen anything like this before and wondered if it was taken from the infamous 'Holiday Special'? I thought this was completely embargoed?/
It's from a short made on the set called "Return Of The Ewok". It was directed by ROTJ First Assistant Director/Second Unit Director David Tomblin. It played at the first few Star Wars Celebrations so it got videotaped and put up online. For SW fans, there's some really great behind the scenes stuff in there.

There's chunks of it on You Tube but it looks like the full 25-ish minute short is here:
It combines the bootlegged Celebration footage with clips that were put up on the subsrciber portion of starwars.com years ago (the "H" in the corner).

Last edited:
Reactions: Osato and KeithDA

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
And in the news today, an important Supreme Court ruling:

Johnny Angell

Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
But seriously folks, was ROS that last movie for this cast?

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
I imagine so. Anytime Ridley and Boyega are interviewed, they say they're done, based on what I remember. I don't recall if Isaac has the same reaction.
I saw a TMZ (or TMZ style) video of someone on the street asking Oscar Isaac that and he said he was pretty sure he was done playing Poe Dameron. Nothing against Ridley or Boyega but I don't see either of them having a career that will let them do whatever they want so I'd recommend that they never say never.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
I saw a TMZ (or TMZ style) video of someone on the street asking Oscar Isaac that and he said he was pretty sure he was done playing Poe Dameron. Nothing against Ridley or Boyega but I don't see either of them having a career that will let them do whatever they want so I'd recommend that they never say never.
Where do their stories go? The "hook" for Rey is "who are you." That's solved. Finn's story can possibly be continued if he is indeed Force sensitive; Poe is a big shot with the new government, presumably. But without the First Order to battle, do we really want a story about setting up a new government?

If they pop in as a cameo in a new trilogy or story, that's cool as long as it makes sense. Otherwise, let's leave them all in the past just like we left Padme and young Anakin.

Johnny Angell

Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The reason it seems a little odd to me for the current cast to 3 and done, is that wasn’t true for the original cast. Those characters have had significant influence on the events of the last 3.

Disney, of course, will make more Star Wars. Where will they go?

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
Where do their stories go? The "hook" for Rey is "who are you." That's solved. Finn's story can possibly be continued if he is indeed Force sensitive; Poe is a big shot with the new government, presumably. But without the First Order to battle, do we really want a story about setting up a new government?
I was thinking more along the line of a good number of years from now like how the sequel trilogy brought back the original trilogy characters. Plus, they told stories for decades about the original trilogy characters that took place before & during the OT and many years after their stories were 'finished' in Return Of The Jedi. Ultimately, I agree with you that the stories told in the sequels are done but considering how badly audiences want the familiar and how happy corporations are to give that familiarity to them, I'm still saying never say never.

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer
Reaction score
I admit despite having been a fan of the OT since childhood (saw ESB and RoTJ in theaters as a kid, was too young for SW), I have read a total of zero ancillary material (not counting "how this movie was made" books from my county library as a kid). No novels, no comics, etc. I'm ready for this main story to be over, and that include Rey/Finn/Poe as they in my mind are inextricably linked to the Skywalker Saga.

I keep hearing about this "wider universe" that other authors and creators have added to the SW Universe. In my opinion, it's time for them to tap into that (the good stories, at least) and do an MCU style expansion. I hear the Mandalorian has been good, and I have friends who were fans of the animated series (never watched any of them). I'd be down for feature film stories set in the SW Universe featuring people with no ties to the OT and some powers and forces we've never heard or seen before.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
I keep hearing about this "wider universe" that other authors and creators have added to the SW Universe. In my opinion, it's time for them to tap into that (the good stories, at least) and do an MCU style expansion. I hear the Mandalorian has been good, and I have friends who were fans of the animated series (never watched any of them).
If you've got Disney +, watch any of the SW shows that Dave Filoni worked on (The Clone Wars, Rebels and The Mandalorian). I assume some fans dismiss the cartoons as 'just' animation but they are integral pieces of Star Wars and some of The Clone Wars episodes are amazing.

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m not a subscriber :(

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1990