What's new

Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Digital Bits has details on the 4K releases (leaked by European retailers). No news on The Rise Of Skywalker extras yet though.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/021820-1330

I finally picked up Solo for $20 on amazon. I’m not sure in the box set for $250...
So I may just wait it out.

im still a bit surprised at the high price tag for the set. I know I could save some with the uk set but if I’m spending $200+ anyway give me the digital copies too.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I could be wrong but those extras sound like the digital-only bonus features that Disney put out with the first six films for their digital retail premieres several years ago.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I could be wrong but those extras sound like the digital-only bonus features that Disney put out with the first six films for their digital retail premieres several years ago.

makes sense right??

Maybe there will be a few surprises too.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think the automatic conversion is turned off for pre-orders. I imagine the current Brexit uncertainty is making retailers afraid of locking in a price (not sure where the rate will go in the next few months)

A bit late on this reply, but may help for future purchases -- the currency converter is not turned off for all preorders, but it's only active usually within 3-4 weeks of release. Nothing to do with Brexit since this has generally been policy for many years. If you made an order before the converter was turned on you should be able to modify this under "change payment" in the order summary after it's activated if you wish to you the Amazon service

If you have a CC with no Foreign Transaction fees (Amazon Visa, CapOne card, and many other) then it's virtually never a good idea to use it since Amazon adds 4+% to the conversion (I've also seen over 5% added to the exchange rate) for the 'privilege' to pay in USD and avoid a 3% bank Forex fee. Hiding the fee in the exchange rate and claiming they're helping you is far worse IMO than the bank just charging you the fee directly

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Question. Can I join disney movie club and pick up the 9 - 10 Star Wars 4k titles as part of the initial sign up titles?

I am emailing the company as well.

this may be a great solution for me.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Question. Can I join disney movie club and pick up the 9 - 10 Star Wars 4k titles as part of the initial sign up titles?

I am emailing the company as well.

this may be a great solution for me.

I know this was answered in the DMC thread, but just to document this for others considering the same ........
No, neither 4K nor Star Wars (Lucasfilm) in general as eligible for the initial 6-7 selections (5 for $1 + up to 2 discounted bonus items).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I know this was answered in the DMC thread, but just to document this for others considering the same ........
No, neither 4K nor Star Wars (Lucasfilm) in general as eligible for the initial 6-7 selections (5 for $1 + up to 2 discounted bonus items).

If only......it was possible!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't know if this has been discussed here.

I am now reading comments that the 4k release of THE RISE OF SKYWALKER has been compromised by Disney.

Apparently, Disney have squeezed the 4k disc version onto a BD66 which apparently compromises quality.

Anyone else hear about that? Is it true and is it a compromise?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Don’t know if this has been discussed, I got an email from Apple that today, iTunes is releasing The Rise of Skywalker today for digital purchase. It’s coming early. No doubt due to the Coronavirus.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Don’t know if this has been discussed, I got an email from Apple that today, iTunes is releasing The Rise of Skywalker today for digital purchase. It’s coming early. No doubt due to the Coronavirus.

Yep, it was released yesterday. We've been chatting about it in the digital section.

Just know that iTunes does not sell it in 4K, but Vudu does...

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Given that I won't spend money on prior vacation plans or concerts anytime soon, I decided to "splurge" on the Best Buy package.

That also came from the thought Disney would send me just the Blu-ray for review, so I'd need to get the 4K on my own.

However, Disney DID send me the 4K, so that means the one in the 9-movie set won't be necessary.

I'm still inclined to keep the 9-movie order, as the 8 I don't have will cost me $240 on their own, so I'll drop the extra $10 for the fancy packaging.

Thoughts? Would others buy the whole set if they already have 1 of the 9, or would they go with the individual titles?

(Oh - I also get 5% back from Amazon on my credit card vs. 1% anywhere else!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks