Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Is the special features disc from the 4k The Force Awakens the same as the disc from the 3D Collector's Set?

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
Is the special features disc from the 4k The Force Awakens the same as the disc from the 3D Collector's Set?
Yep. The former store-exclusive featurettes are on there and the Blu-ray movie disc has the Abrams commentary.

The Last Jedi special features disc added the 'Meet The Porgs' featurette that was originally a Target exclusive. Also, the Blu-ray movie disc has the score-only version on there which was originally a digital-only special feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osato and ScottJH

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Yep. The former store-exclusive featurettes are on there and the Blu-ray movie disc has the Abrams commentary.

The Last Jedi special features disc added the 'Meet The Porgs' featurette that was originally a Target exclusive. Also, the Blu-ray movie disc has the score-only version on there which was originally a digital-only special feature.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: TravisR

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
If you missed out on the Target B2G1 sale on the individual titles last month Target has them on sale for $23.99(excluding Target exclusive TROS). WIth the %15 off sale and if one has a Red Card and order at least 2 to get free shipping looking at $19.37/movie + tax

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
If you missed out on the Target B2G1 sale on the individual titles last month Target has them on sale for $23.99(excluding Target exclusive TROS). WIth the %15 off sale and if one has a Red Card and order at least 2 to get free shipping looking at $19.37/movie + tax
A word of reminding is that the $23.99 pricing ends today while the 15% off continues until Saturday.

Anyhow, I just placed all eleven of the 4K Star Wars movies into my cart including Solo and Rogue One. With Michigan tax included, it came to $225.85 total or $20.53 for each title. Even if you just want three or four of those movies it's still $20.53 for each of them. Any combination of titles still works out to $20.53 each. Again, that's with my state's sale tax rate as such taxes vary across the nation. It's going to be hard to beat that pricing in any future sales, but, you never know.

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Yup and today only, if you buy all nine 4K titles separately at Target, the total cost would be $174.33 or $19.37 each plus sales tax if applicable.
One has to decide if they want to spend an extra $25+ for the box set packaging & all the extras for The Last Jedi

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Good LORD! I’m watching Clones now and I’d forgotten how completely wretched the Anakin/Padme scenes really are. The stuff on Naboo is perfect MST3K material. :laugh:
I just recently watched a BBC interview with Alex Guinness on YouTube where he talks about how he thought the script dialogue of the original Star Wars film was rubbish. Lucas was never able to improve upon his writing skills, obviously.

Reactions: dpippel

David Norman

Producer
Premium
The boxset is a deal of the day today @ Bestbuy.com for $199.99.
Since everyone should be under extended return period through 5/31-- does BBY match Deal of the Day pricing? I'm almost certain they do as long as it's in stock.

I do think BBY has a 1 Price Correction policy so be careful if you have any doubt it might drop further by May 31

joshEH

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Been trying to get ahold of Best Buy customer-service via chat for an adjustment on the 4K box, but it looks like it's now down for whatever reason. Gonna give an old-fashioned phone call a shot, I guess.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
it looks like it's now down for whatever reason.
I think you are 1 part of the several thousand reason. Some people have reported hour+ process for them and I guess with West Coasters now being awake everybody is trying to do it at once in addition to normal Monday traffic.

If it was a week long sale then it would be easy to say wait, but with 12 hrs it concentrates everybody into the line at the same time. Not sure if you are Elite/Elite Plus, but it's possible their Batphone direct might help though I can't remember if they handle Price Matches. Seems like the one time I tried I got bumped into the normal line

Last edited:
Reactions: joshEH

joshEH

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Yeah, I ended up taking the "callback" option, due to the 1 hr., 7 min, waiting-line on the phone side of things -- still waiting, but shouldn't be too much longer now, with luck. Looks like they really got slammed today.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon just refunded me for my order of ROS in 3D.

With the pandemic, they can't deliver it to me and the order was returned to them.

No biggie. I understand the stakes at hand.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Since everyone should be under extended return period through 5/31-- does BBY match Deal of the Day pricing? I'm almost certain they do as long as it's in stock.

I do think BBY has a 1 Price Correction policy so be careful if you have any doubt it might drop further by May 31
Wait - does this mean those of us who got the box day/date last month can get a refund on the difference?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wombat