Pre-Order Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker & The Skywalker Saga (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Preorder List

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I can't agree with you about Sith (I find the whole fall of Anakin thing to be completely contrived and without any gravitas), but totally agree about the romance angle in Clones. It's just wretched writing, directing, and acting. The masochist in me is looking forward to seeing how much of it I remember. ;)
Good LORD! I’m watching Clones now and I’d forgotten how completely wretched the Anakin/Padme scenes really are. The stuff on Naboo is perfect MST3K material. :laugh:

Britton

Screenwriter
Looks like all the movies except TRoS are part of Target’s buy 2, get 1 free deal. That makes all 9 individual releases a better deal than that impracticality shaped box.

Reactions: TravisR

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_1051.jpeg

I have to say, I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed this exhaustive documentary that concentrates mostly on the making of TROS, but also has a wealth of archival footage connected to the other films in the series. This is really what a "making of" documentary should be all about.

WillG

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Looks like all the movies except TRoS are part of Target’s buy 2, get 1 free deal. That makes all 9 individual releases a better deal than that impracticality shaped box.
thanks for the heads up, just picked up the OT. I’m not tremendously interested in the PT upgrade. I already also have the original TLJ 4K release.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
i was able to get all I needed on the target sale. Except Last Jedi. but I got the original 4K when it was released. I am betting its just a cover change.

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s the same master in the sense that all of these films are completed digitally and then that same master is just repurposed for whatever the different places its needed for.

But the TLJ discs in the box set are different from the original release, and while the standalone version with the new cover isn’t out yet, it is coming. The original 4K disc included the film in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision; the new disc is HDR10 only. The original BD did not include an isolated score track; the new BD does.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
It’s the same master in the sense that all of these films are completed digitally and then that same master is just repurposed for whatever the different places its needed for.

But the TLJ discs in the box set are different from the original release, and while the standalone version with the new cover isn’t out yet, it is coming. The original 4K disc included the film in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision; the new disc is HDR10 only. The original BD did not include an isolated score track; the new BD does.
In short, they didn't create a new master as they just used the same 2018 master with only HDR10 this time.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
You know I have every single Star Wars movie on 4K disc and only played 2018 TLJ and Solo 4K discs and that was last year. I've just haven't been in the mood. Hopefully, I start watching them this week.

Reactions: dpippel

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I just watched Return Of The Jedi today (I'm watching in the order of release) and I have to say that I now enjoy the movie more than I ever have as an adult. Maybe it's because it seems like the Ewoks are having a great time shooting and killing Imperials. Also, those empty helmets at the end celebration indicate that the Ewoks had a nice feast of stormtroopers that night.

Reactions: Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I just watched Return Of The Jedi today (I'm watching in the order of release) and I have to say that I now enjoy the movie more than I ever have as an adult. Maybe it's because it seems like the Ewoks are having a great time shooting and killing Imperials. Also, those empty helmets at the end celebration indicate that the Ewoks had a nice feast of stormtroopers that night.
They were pretty savage. Never understood the hate for Ewoks. ROTJ is still as enjoyable now as it was when I was 10. Still my favorite Star Wars film by far.

Reactions: TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
They were pretty savage. Never understood the hate for Ewoks. ROTJ is still as enjoyable now as it was when I was 10. Still my favorite Star Wars film by far.
Probably like most kids, ROTJ was my favorite of the trilogy when I was a kid. It had a ton of monsters, a great space battle and Vader & Luke defeat the Emperor.

Also, they use the R2-D2 is scared joke a number of times in this movie and it still makes me chuckle every time. Or when he tells Threepio that he's serving drinks. And the best gag in the movie is when C-3PO says "And you said it was pretty here."

Reactions: Bryan^H

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I just finished Empire from the 4K set. While there are some crushed blacks and I think the HDR was applied a bit heavy-handedly here and there, I thought it looked GREAT. Much better than the BRD from the previous Blu-ray saga set. And it's re-enforced for me once again that this film is as good as Star Wars ever was. It's much more than the sum of it's parts, and hands-down the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned. If Jedi had carried on and expounded more on the themes raised here, the entire OT would have been much more epic IMO. Empire is just 100% pure cinema goodness.

Reactions: Colin Jacobson

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I just finished Empire from the 4K set. While there are some crushed blacks and I think the HDR was applied a bit heavy-handedly here and there, I thought it looked GREAT. Much better than the BRD from the previous Blu-ray saga set.
The colors on the original trilogy discs look much more accurate to my memories of how the movies looked than the Blu-ray set.

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The kids and I watched Rogue One yesterday and The Rise of Skywalker today. We thoroughly enjoyed both. One question: Did anyone notice that the sound on TROS has an abundance of bass? I usually don't have to adjust my receiver but the bass was so loud it was drowning out the other sounds and making it hard to hear anything else. Rogue One was fine - maybe it's just something in the original mix of TROS?

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
The kids and I watched Rogue One yesterday and The Rise of Skywalker today. We thoroughly enjoyed both. One question: Did anyone notice that the sound on TROS has an abundance of bass? I usually don't have to adjust my receiver but the bass was so loud it was drowning out the other sounds and making it hard to hear anything else. Rogue One was fine - maybe it's just something in the original mix of TROS?
I didn't find the bass to be overpowering the dialogue but I thought it was noticeably stronger than most movies I have. I just chalked it up to that's how modern movies sound but the last thing I am is an expert on the topic.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I went through the entire set (and Rogue One & Solo) and I was going to post a very thorough breakdown of what was left off of the prior home video releases & added to this new set but it's pretty detailed so I'm not going to bother.

Short version of the list: Save the prequel DVDs because DIsney basically just ported what was on the Blu-ray set and that left off alot of quality content from the DVDs.

Also, they drop the 'Slave Leia Costume' from The Collection on Return Of The Jedi. I guess pictures of a mannequin wearing an old bikini costume is offensive.

If anyone wants the long version of the list (and I doubt they do), let me know and I'll post it.

Reactions: Osato

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pritandeepatu