What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
With all the news I had forgotten that the Art of book is supposed to be released around these times. I checked amazon and no date is set contrary to a few months ago. Has this been delayed again?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
With all the news I had forgotten that the Art of book is supposed to be released around these times. I checked amazon and no date is set contrary to a few months ago. Has this been delayed again?
It seems late to delay it but I guess nothing is impossible right now. That being said, Amazon US still has a release date of March 31.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Strange, I search it in Amazon US and it doesn't even show up, like the book doesn't exist.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Thanks. The direct link works, I see it.

But when I search on the first main page "The Art of Rise of Skywalker", it does not show up in the results! The novelization and Visual Dictionary show up however.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

But when I search on the first main page "The Art of Rise of Skywalker", it does not show up in the results! The novelization and Visual Dictionary show up however.
I was searching "Art of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker". I look up alot of Star Wars books on Amazon and their search engine can be twitchy so maybe having the "Star Wars" in there makes a difference?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Dunno what to tell you, but when I enter exactly what you typed, it pops up at the top of the screen.

Perhaps Lucas doesn't like you.

I don't like you either! ;) :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I was searching "Art of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker". I look up alot of Star Wars books on Amazon and their search engine can be twitchy so maybe having the "Star Wars" in there makes a difference?

Nope.

As I mentioned, I just entered "Skywalker" on the Books tab and it came up.

If I go from the main page, "Art of Rise of Skywalker" works. "Art of Rise" works.

I didn't use "Star Wars" in the search at all.

It's hard not to find it! :D

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Here:

Untitled.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I was reading the amazon reviews of The Art of The Rise of Skywalker. They are very disappointed. It seems there is no Palpatine and no Exegol in the book. Quite surprised. It's a major part of the movie. I thought they delayed the book so they could put everything in. Now I'm not sure if I buy this.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was reading the amazon reviews of The Art of The Rise of Skywalker. They are very disappointed. It seems there is no Palpatine and no Exegol in the book. Quite surprised. It's a major part of the movie. I thought they delayed the book so they could put everything in. Now I'm not sure if I buy this.
I definitely never saw anyone say that the book was delayed to add more material. I just assumed that the book was delayed due to fear of spoilers getting out before the movie came out (the book would be in store stockrooms days before the movie's release) and so they simply delayed the already finished book until the home video release.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is still very disappointing that it is not in the book considering they had time. Do we know that the book was already printed before the delay?

And fear of spoilers is unjustified for the Palpatine-less version of the book. The spoiler part was the last part of the movie and it is not in the book already.

If I remember correctly TFA and TLJ art of books were released on time with omitting stuff. If you delay, don't omit. They had their chance to release this last book complete, now there wont be a fourth saga movie to include the art in its book.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’m sorry, but I’d just take those books, go flip, flip, flip, put them on the shelf, and never look at them again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks