What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Since we’re a week away, I’m switching from my regular mug:
2BE412F1-33F4-4482-A543-BF1F188C6673.jpeg

To this guy:
738FC3F9-F253-4D35-A668-8564E09E6E80.jpeg

Which does this:
CB73C9F8-3F6B-4E8B-813D-D58D1B045396.jpeg

(last year’s Christmas gift)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So I've seen from two different sites that Disney has uploaded a sneak preview clip that includes a major spoiler.

I don't know what it is, because I have no interest in watching it and didn't click the links, but I wanted to post this just to inform anyone who doesn't already know that apparently there's something out there now. Tread carefully.

On the other hand, Disney just delayed The Art of The Rise of Skywalker -- which was scheduled to release next Friday -- to a new release date of March 31, 2020. I suspect the purpose of this delay is to avoid the leaks of any spoilers which may be discussed in the book. This makes their posting of a spoiler clip a bit ironic, but there you go.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So I've seen from two different sites that Disney has uploaded a sneak preview clip that includes a major spoiler.

I don't know what it is, because I have no interest in watching it and didn't click the links, but I wanted to post this just to inform anyone who doesn't already know that apparently there's something out there now. Tread carefully.

On the other hand, Disney just delayed The Art of The Rise of Skywalker -- which was scheduled to release next Friday -- to a new release date of March 31, 2020. I suspect the purpose of this delay is to avoid the leaks of any spoilers which may be discussed in the book. This makes their posting of a spoiler clip a bit ironic, but there you go.
I'm not sure about that, but next Wednesday's Mandalorian is supposed to have a sneak peak attached to it. If it is released by Disney it is not technically a spoiler.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If it is released by Disney it is not technically a spoiler.

That's not necessarily true. If it's released by Disney, it's information that they are okay with having out there, but it could still be a major plot point that many people might not want to know going into the movie. In any case, the clip I am referring to is already online, so it would seem to be different from whatever they are attaching to The Mandalorian.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's what I've heard as well, and was thankfully warned before it was too late.

On the other hand, there is also a new TV spot floating around with a major reveal that I wished had been saved for the movie itself. I'm not posting it here.

I'm wondering if the tracking numbers are underwhelming, so Disney's marketing team is pulling out the stops to put butts in seats. Until the last week or so, the marketing campaign has been excellent at being enticing without really revealing anything major.

I'm not sure about that, but next Wednesday's Mandalorian is supposed to have a sneak peak attached to it. If it is released by Disney it is not technically a spoiler.
I'm with Jake on this. People can choose to watch it or not watch it, but I would request that those who do use spoiler tags to discuss it ahead of the movie's release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought tickets to four showings of this movie starting on Thursday with two of those showings in IMAX and Dolby Cinema theaters. With both theaters respectively being 35 and 66 miles away from me. In the summer, no problem, but in December in Michigan the weather can be very dicey. Luckily, it appears the weather next week is cooperating without any snow and normal temperatures in the forecast.:D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
On the other hand, there is also a new TV spot floating around with a major reveal that I wished had been saved for the movie itself. I'm not posting it here.

Good to know. Thanks. I'll stop watching any new ads that appear online. I was already not watching extended clips, but have watched a few of the TV spots (that you posted here) assuming that they would be well-edited, as the campaign mostly has been. Now I'll just stop. Fortunately, all of the TV shows I watch regularly are now in rerun mode until January, so I won't be watching anything else live until after the movie arrives anyway.

I'm wondering if the tracking numbers are underwhelming, so Disney's marketing team is pulling out the stops to put butts in seats.

That's a solid theory, but there's no real way to know. I think another element is that with the previous three December releases, there was an additional week between the movie's release and Christmas, which might have been too long for people to wait. Since this one is being released on December 20, some people who like Star Wars but aren't obsessed with it might just think, "I can see that over the Christmas stretch" when people will have time off. The difference, of course, is that Thanksgiving was extremely late this year, the latest it can possibly be, so there is one less week between Thanksgiving and Christmas than usual. I suspect Disney chose December 20 instead of December 13 so as to avoid being too close to Frozen II, which of course is also theirs.

in December in Michigan the weather can be very dicey.

Good luck with that. (Not meant to sound snarky -- seriously -- good luck.) As a former Midwesterner, I certainly understand terrible weather around this time of year and really hope you can get to all of those without incident.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Disney just delayed The Art of The Rise of Skywalker -- which was scheduled to release next Friday -- to a new release date of March 31, 2020.
Ah, that's bad news. I was going to get it.

But I suppose it is also good because I think they are going to discuss and put everything in. I remember with the Art of The Force Awakens, although it was not released early, they did not include Han's death. They move it to the next Art of The Last Jedi. So I suppose there are major spoilers that they want to talk about and make sure it is included in the book.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I saw the new 'clip', don't worry I won't comment on what people would consider spoilers. It is much more of a trailer than a clip, with a focus on one element of the plot of the beginning. If they released this as a trailer it would have been my favorite trailer for this film.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Me, I'll be hiding from the internet for the following 3 days. :)
Ditto. The premiere will be full of spoilers and inevitably will be repeated here. No Thanks. I’ll watch clips of it after I have seen the film.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The premiere live stream by any logic or alternative facts can't have spoilers! It's literally before anyone has seen the movie. The red carpet is when people are walking into the theater. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately, the Star Wars sites I go to will use spoiler warnings for everything so I'm good there and I see relatively little SW stuff on Twitter so I should be good but outside of here, I'm still scrolling right past all Star Wars talk just to be safe. :)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It has been years, maybe since the prequels that I have not visited a Star Wars site on regular basis. Just the general movie news sites are enough for me.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just cut the cord with cable last week and as a bonus, now I don’t have to worry about avoiding the commercials!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks