What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yes, sir! It's like paying extra for the extra first class legroom on a flight. I am not a rich man but I don't have kids so I guess I can afford little luxuries like that ;)
So if you go by yourself do you buy three seats??:emoji_nerd:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So if you go by yourself do you buy three seats??:emoji_nerd:

See what I'm referring to in my area are 2 seats stuck together in loveseat fashion. I would only buy out the other one if I'm by myself. I don't need to be stuck for 2 hours with some creepy dude next to me. I have stories.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If I could be sure that my local theater would enforce extra purchased tickets not counting as open seats, it honestly wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world for me to spend an extra $15 for something I was dying to see if it was one of those days where life already beats the patience out of you. But what happens at my reserved seat local theater is that as it fills up, people start moving to empty seats that they like better than what the map showed (the maps there are terrible at giving a sense of how big the screen in a given auditorium is or what the relationship between the seat and the screen is, so I get why people would do it). I just can’t imagine with this being the theater that won’t throw out people for talking on cell phones during the movie that they would help if someone sat in my extra seat. But as a “splurge and treat yourself” option I get it. I’ve been tempted before for opening nights to buy an aisle seat pair and then have the aisle as a buffer on one side and the empty as a buffer on the other.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
It depends how often you go and the price, too. I really don't go to the theater that much. The last movie I saw in the theater was MI: Fallout and the next will be Star Wars. What's that - 18 months apart? I wouldn't do it if I were going once a week.

I've been known to do it at baseball games too, but again, only if the price is right. If I get last minute tickets in the bleachers on StubHub for $4, heck yes I'll spend another $4 to get an open seat next to me. Not if I'm paying $30 a ticket, though.

It's an affordable luxury.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not as cool as the previously released Dolby Cinema poster, but the IMAX and RealD posters were revealed today (click to enlarge):
ep9still_0029.jpg ep9still_0030.jpg

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just go to late shows a week or two after opening if I don't want to have people sitting next to me. Most films are burned out by that time because everyone, who really wants to see it, tries to do it within the first three days. My rate of watching films on their opening weekend is near to zero.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
In the live streaming interview with some of the cast today for the official Star Wars channel, the last question was to react with a facial expression, but no words, to the ending of the film. This is found starting at about 21:20 in this video.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No need for a timestamp, I'm going to watch it all!

When is the premiere? That's when we get the early "reviews" (which I learned means nothing.)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you sure? I watch it only 2 days after that. Normally as I remember it from the previous years it was much earlier, at least more than a week earlier.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Aside from the headlines I'm going to be avoiding reading the reviews until after I've seen the movie. That's what I do with most movies, actually.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just checked and wow
"The Last Jedi had its world premiere at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on December 9, 2017."

That's much sooner than the December 16th world premiere of episode 9. They want to keep things tighter this year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just checked and wow
"The Last Jedi had its world premiere at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on December 9, 2017."

That's much sooner than the December 16th world premiere of episode 9. They want to keep things tighter this year.
I still wish that there wasn't going to be any screenings until Thursday night. You just know that at least one person at the premiere is going to hop on Twitter and reveal all of the big moments.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, it also seems insane to me that certain international markets get it one day early. In an internet powered world, that seems like a mistake.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah, it also seems insane to me that certain international markets get it one day early. In an internet powered world, that seems like a mistake.
I agree it’s a mistake. Too much potential for spoilers by those that see it early. And many times they don’t actually know what a spoiler is!:angry:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is strange. Contrary to the previous years, they are showing a lot of new materials. Every new TV Spot has new materials not seen before. In the past, the TV spots were just a trimmed version of the theatrical trailers.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Here's what I theorize they figured out.

More unique content (even tiny bits) lead to more videos by youtubers etc with 'analysis' about what this new fragment of video means. It just gets more videos and buzz about their movie going. Those tiny bits spread over a period time gives some constant buzz, perhaps.

The key I think is to still not give anything away, and nothing I see here seems to be revelatory. Unless you consider Poe flying the falcon to be revelatory. I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks