What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
This will be one thrilling and sad soundtrack album to play for the first time. I can't wait to hear his send-off to Star Wars. I would love for him to compose an End Credits suite that is basically a farewell to the series, even if it has very little to do thematically with Episode IX.

I felt like he sort of did that in Episode III, with the end credits being a "best of". However, since that was designed to be the middle of the story, I agree that Episode IX's end credits should pull out all of the stops. If you can only have one track to represent all of Star Wars, I want it to be the last track of Episode IX's soundtrack.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, after the mandatory jump cut to the end credits music featured in all of the films, I'd love a medley that takes us from "Duel of Fates" (TPM) to "Across the Stars" (AOTC) to "Battle of the Heroes" (ROTS) to "Binary Sunset" (ANH) to "The Imperial March" (ESB) to "Luke and Leia" (ROTJ) to "Rey's Theme" (TFA) to "Fun with Finn and Rose" (TLJ) right through to whatever the big theme of IX ends up being,

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Some potentially huge spoilers for Episode IX hit the web yesterday, from a Reddit user who claims to have seen the (early) storyboards, and who accurately described the plot of The Last Jedi two years ago.

Read at your own risk.

Plot A would progress like this:

5 years after The Last Jedi the Resistance is no longer centralized and is not a popular idea among the galaxy. Kylo Ren’s rule over the galaxy is seen by most as benevolent. Many within the Resistance itself are questioning why they should even be fighting.

Not surprisingly, Rey, Poe, Finn, and Leia are all still holding fast to the idea the galaxy should not be under empirical rule.

They are tipped off by a mole inside the First Order promising that if they follow their lead, they will discover the horrifying true nature of the First Order.

The tip leads them to a planet in the unknown regions, and they must infiltrate a First Order command station to extract a young female alien prodigy who is the key to navigating these regions.

After a successful rescue of the girl who is essentially a prisoner of the First Order, they discover a planet entirely comprised of an ocean. Beneath its waters is the secret to the First Order’s unlimited resources, an ancient manufacturing station literally powered by the populations of conquered worlds of the unknown regions.

This entire A plot revolves around liberating the captives before they are exterminated and exposing these horrors to the galaxy at large. This plot is resolved with the Unknown Regions becoming united and preparing for war with the known regions.

The B plot revolves around Kylo Ren hunting down other Force users in secret using the Knights of Ren and trying to discover the mole among his ranks. At the end of the film it’s revealed Hux is the mole and is trying to get the galaxy to revolt against Ren’s empire and believes he can claim the throne after the fallout.

Many Force users have sought out Rey for protection, both really young and really old.

Rey and Kylo still converse through the force and can even manifest their whole presence in front of each other. It is slowly revealed they secretly love each other.

The big reveal in the film is that one of Rey’s “students” is actually her child, and Kylo becomes so enraged upon finding this that he nearly kills Rey who is only saved last minute by Leia.

As with last time I will add the disclaimer that this is an early story board but the heart of the film is there with secret love child and the theme of an Empire thriving but at a terrible cost. You can expect the story to play out very close to this.

It's not explicitly clear above, but
Rey's child is also Kylo Ren's child, which would continue the Skywalker lineage. No idea who would replace Leia's role, although my money is on Finn.
...if all of this is true, which I am not convinced it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarssp..._read_a_very_early_storyboard_for_episode_ix/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-...d-and-bizarre-plot-leak-for-the-movie-a160348

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Some potentially huge spoilers for Episode IX hit the web yesterday, from a Reddit user who claims to have seen the (early) storyboards, and who accurately described the plot of The Last Jedi two years ago.

Read at your own risk.

5 years after The Last Jedi the Resistance is no longer centralized and is not a popular idea among the galaxy. Kylo Ren’s rule over the galaxy is seen by most as benevolent. Many within the Resistance itself are questioning why they should even be fighting.

Not surprisingly, Rey, Poe, Finn, and Leia are all still holding fast to the idea the galaxy should not be under empirical rule.

They are tipped off by a mole inside the First Order promising that if they follow their lead, they will discover the horrifying true nature of the First Order.

The tip leads them to a planet in the unknown regions, and they must infiltrate a First Order command station to extract a young female alien prodigy who is the key to navigating these regions.

After a successful rescue of the girl who is essentially a prisoner of the First Order, they discover a planet entirely comprised of an ocean. Beneath its waters is the secret to the First Order’s unlimited resources, an ancient manufacturing station literally powered by the populations of conquered worlds of the unknown regions.

This entire A plot revolves around liberating the captives before they are exterminated and exposing these horrors to the galaxy at large. This plot is resolved with the Unknown Regions becoming united and preparing for war with the known regions.

The B plot revolves around Kylo Ren hunting down other Force users in secret using the Knights of Ren and trying to discover the mole among his ranks. At the end of the film it’s revealed Hux is the mole and is trying to get the galaxy to revolt against Ren’s empire and believes he can claim the throne after the fallout.

Many Force users have sought out Rey for protection, both really young and really old.

Rey and Kylo still converse through the force and can even manifest their whole presence in front of each other. It is slowly revealed they secretly love each other.

The big reveal in the film is that one of Rey’s “students” is actually her child, and Kylo becomes so enraged upon finding this that he nearly kills Rey who is only saved last minute by Leia.

As with last time I will add the disclaimer that this is an early story board but the heart of the film is there with secret love child and the theme of an Empire thriving but at a terrible cost. You can expect the story to play out very close to this.

Rey's child is also Kylo Ren's child, which would continue the Skywalker lineage. No idea who would replace Leia's role, although my money is on Finn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarssp..._read_a_very_early_storyboard_for_episode_ix/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-...d-and-bizarre-plot-leak-for-the-movie-a160348

The only issue I have regarding the above spoilers is:

The use of Leia. Based on the potential plots, A & B, they would have to do a recast which I will be very disappointed with (let alone doing a complete CGI of her for the entire movie).

Also, if any of that information is true I don't want to see the next installment.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Keep in mind that the shot of Luke's hand flying through space that we all ridiculed for years did end up being in The Force Awakens script.

Real Name
James
I'm not expecting anything from the hack master himself j.j. abrams for Star Wars episode IX. I don't like the deja vu um I mean the after-the-fact...........the sequel trilogy at all. I have infinitely more faith in the spin-off movies. Rogue One and Star Wars is the only 2 films in this particular movie series that gets a perfect rating from me.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Read at your own risk.

The whole
First Order's ancient alien factory-concept sounds an awful lot like the Star Forge from Knights of the Old Republic, which was an...ancient alien factory capable of churning out near-unlimited war materiel for the Sith, and was powered by a nearby sun.

Also, the notion of setting part of the film in the Unknown Regions is interesting, and could tie the movie closely to Rebels and Grand Admiral Thrawn's backstory (his species, the Chiss, originate in the Unknown Regions), as well as the Knights of the Old Republic games and The Old Republic MMO (where the True Sith and the Eternal Empire both also hail from the UR). Though this summary does sound suspiciously-fanwanky, and could still be totally false.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Read at your own risk.

:eek:That rumored storyline is awful:huh:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not going to read it and wait for the movie. Is it worse than Luke's hand in space ?!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not going to read it either, although I may come back and uncover it after the movie is released out of curiosity.

For now, I trust Abrams. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt until we have any actual reason to believe he botched it (which I don't think he will.)

Given the Solo situation they're dealing with at the box office right now, how glad do you think Disney is right now that this won't come out for a year and a half?

Real Name
James
For now, I trust Abrams. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt until we have any actual reason to believe he botched it (which I don't think he will.)
Abrams churns out remakes. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there's a Death Star 4.0 in episode IX complete with some idiotic magical midget creatures running around.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Details On Where George Lucas’ Sequel Trilogy Would Have Gone

Lucas was prepared to take the franchise to a new “microbiotic world” featuring creatures called the Whills (a name Star Wars fans are familiar with) that were exceptionally powerful based off their ability to harness the power of the Force.
To be fair to George, that's an extremely brief description of an idea that when put into a movie may have been great but it's not hard to see why they chose to go in a different direction.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm curious. Why do you think that idea would have been great? What would be the story. It would have been Midi-chlorian 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks