What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
As much incredible music as Williams has made, I think the Main Title to Superman is just an incredible piece of music and the best thing he's ever done. And I say that as a massive Star Wars and Jaws fan.

I have to agree. Williams' body of work is astounding, with the Star Wars films, the Indiana Jones films, Jaws, ET, Schindler's List and more. But Superman: The Movie is his best, IMO. The whole thing. Main Title, Prelude, Planet Krypton, the Love Theme, etc. A few years ago when my kids were really into it, we played the (expanded) soundtrack a lot. My wife commented that his Superman work was something that stood out, even apart from the movie. She said it was a great piece of classical music, like Mozart.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Listening to the new Superman score reissue (that HTF’s own @Neil S. Bulk contributed to) really sold me on it being Williams’ very best work. The new remastering from original source tapes allows every nuance to be heard, and it’s just astonishing. I think I listened to at least part of it every day for a month straight after I got it - I just couldn’t get enough.

His “Star Wars” cycle is astonishing but the work is divided over many years and films. The totality of it may add up to his best work, but Superman for me is an easier choice because it’s all there in a single score. I’d pay money to listen to the score performed by a world class orchestra without any visual accompaniment. I would gladly go to see it reworked for a symphony presentation.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was 15 when Superman was released. For years it was my favorite film of all time, as was the soundtrack. I saw it dozens of times in the theater. Williams music is definitely iconic as is the film. A perfect marriage of visuals and music. It’s my second favorite score of his. Currently;)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Duel of the Fates translation....

The real story....

Korah Matah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah Daanyah Korah Rahtahmah
Nyohah Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Syadho Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah

These words originated in the medieval Welsh poem Cad Goddeu (The Battle of the Trees). The text was translated into English by Robert Graves, and published in 1948 as part of The White Goddess: A Historical Grammar of Poetic Myth. John Williams selected lines 32-35:

Under the tongue root
a fight most dread,
and another raging
behind in the head

And a bonus of The Imperial March with Williams conducting:

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Since it's official, watched. It has been in the trailers but the first time they release a clip before the movie as far as I remember.

Those troopers are called Skywalkers which explains everything. ;)

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
star-wars-rise-skywalker-sith-trooper-exclusive.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
J.J. Abrams reveals the real running time for The Rise of Skywalker

J.J. Abrams is revealing the length of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker — and it’s shorter than what’s been previously reported.

Earlier Monday, the director confirmed on Good Morning America that the final Skywalker Saga film was just finished this weekend.

So in an interview for EWLive on SiriusXM 109, Dalton Ross asked the director how long is the final cut. There had been earlier reports that the film was the longest Star Wars movie ever based on approximate run times sent to theaters. But nope, it’s not.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
J.J. Abrams says a real Rise of Skywalker script leaked due to careless actor

J.J. Abrams says a legitimate script for the ultra-secretive Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker leaked onto eBay due to a careless actor.
The director told Good Morning America on Monday that one of the actors on the show left their script under the bed in their hotel room.

Me!: This is too soon. They should not confirm this before release.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm surprised they showed a clip -- they don't need to for this movie -- but I muted it and skipped over that part by clicking through. The interview was interesting. The eBay situation is crazy. Presumably whichever actor that was fired their cleaning service. I would think that leaving a script under your bed in your private dwelling would be a reasonable and safe thing for an actor to do, and it's on the person who found it for trying to profit off of it.

In other news, Amazon now has a listing up for The Rise of Skywalker soundtrack CD confirming a December 20 release date but it's currently unavailable for pre-order and you can sign up to be notified when it becomes available.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think it happened in a hotel room and not their private home, but still traceable. And what happened to the guy on eBay? Can he do that legally? Did they arrest him?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks