What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (3 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The source of this rumor was the same YouTuber who insists that Marvel is going to fire Brie Larson as Captain Marvel.
What do these guys do when their "inside info" doesn't ever come to fruition? Who is dopey enough to keep listening to them? I hope his entire audience is people laughing at him but I'm sure it's not. "He complains about Last Jedi AND about Brie Larson AND [inevitably] about SJWs for 47 minutes five times a week?! I'm definitely subscribing to this channel."

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So any truth to these rumors I’ve been seeing of disasterous test screenings? Or just internet BS? (I find it kind of dubious they would do test screenings of Star Wars movies)

I watched that video over the weekend and laughed the whole way through. There were "plot points" mentioned I don't think anyone (and I mean ANYONE) would EVER approve being in a Star Wars movie. This same poster is anti-Star Trek Discovery, anti-most of Marvel and anti-Star Wars. The video mentions "toxic white man"...at which point I laughed myself silly. That's all I needed to hear.

I put zero stock in those rumors, or one of the plans floated which says the movie is going to be delayed to May.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's hilarious. They'll literally release the movie with shots where they cut to J.J. just describing what the action should be because the effects aren't finished before they push it to May.

Bingo. That was also a laugh moment for me...this can be the biggest dumpster fire there is and it's still getting to theaters in December.

So I'm going into the movie ready to see these characters one last time and to enjoy the heck out of it. No expectations.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I put zero stock in those rumors, or one of the plans floated which says the movie is going to be delayed to May.

I have a ticket for for December 19 that tells me it's not being delayed. I'm guessing you probably do as well, as do many people on the forum. I don't know why people insist on perpetuating this crap.

It will be ready. No question.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have a ticket for for December 19 that tell me it's not being delayed. I'm guessing you probably do as well, as do many people on the forum. I don't know why people insist on perpetuating this crap.

It will be ready. No question.

100% correct, my friend. December 19, 6:30 pm and then again on Christmas Eve.

It's click bait and I fell for it. I knew what I was getting when I started watching. It was amusing for 15 minutes on a Saturday afternoon. :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Total Film magazine interviewed J.J. Abrams (as regurgitated by Games Radar), and I thought this quote was interesting:

"Rian helped remind me that that’s why we’re on these movies – not to just do something that you’ve seen before. I won’t say that I felt constrained or limited on 7, but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the original trilogy than not. And on 9, I found myself feeling like I’m just gonna go for it a bit more."

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Total Film magazine interviewed J.J. Abrams (as regurgitated by Games Radar), and I thought this quote was interesting:

"Rian helped remind me that that’s why we’re on these movies – not to just do something that you’ve seen before. I won’t say that I felt constrained or limited on 7, but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the original trilogy than not. And on 9, I found myself feeling like I’m just gonna go for it a bit more."

I know what this means. He's going to blow up Tatooine.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm hearing that the WGA has awarded Derek Connolly & Colin Trevorrow story credit as the original writers, despite the fact that Lucasfilm threw out their script and Abrams & Terrio started over from scratch.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm hearing that the WGA has awarded Derek Connolly & Colin Trevorrow story credit as the original writers, despite the fact that Lucasfilm threw out their script and Abrams & Terrio started over from scratch.
Routine. Story credit is secondary to screenplay credit. No residuals for story by credits.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Trevorrow has made a remarkable career out of what seems to be an extraordinary limited skill set. Good on him, I suppose.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Routine. Story credit is secondary to screenplay credit. No residuals for story by credits.
Correction.

“Story By” credits do indeed receive residuals. Just very little compared to “ screenplay by” or “written by” credits.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Very little of a billion dollar grosser still works out pretty well. Not a bad payday for losing your job. We should all be so lucky.

Not only that. He gets that "payday" any time the property he has credit on gets played on any service, unless there are specific limitations on what counts toward a residual payment. He could, potentially, have a relatively continual stream of income coming from some property that he was given credit on, so even a small cut could add up.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Like I said, we should all do so well when we get fired. Disney is welcome to fire me from Episode X anytime!

do those residuals really amount to all that much though? We’re not talking about points on the profits here (which no one ever ends up collecting on anyway since the producing entity gets charged to essentially zero profit by the studio. Except the people who have enough clout to have their points deal with the actual studio). Nice to have but I doubt Trevorrow is set for life on that alone. We’ve probably all heard the stories from some creative person saying “I still get a check for a few hundred dollars every six months or so”

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
New interview with Kathleen Kennedy. It doesn't say much, but she lets us know that the movie Feige will be doing is a way off and it sounds like Johnson is still very much in the mix for future projects. She admits that they have no idea what is next - the possibilities are endless she says. She gives no indication as to when the next film might be, so I would not hold out hope that they meet that 2022 date. (If they were thinking about this in advance, they might have taken advantage of Feige's relatively light 2020 schedule and planned his Star Wars film in that period, but that's clearly not what is happening.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...iZWBph87vFA1OWDioEy0eeBkjUW8SzWxHjmxXlDv_5Uxg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
and it sounds like Johnson is still very much in the mix for future projects.
I didn’t get that impression at all. She doesn’t mention his planned trilogies at all for future films. Unless I missed it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks