What's new

Pre-Order Star Wars: The Last Jedi (4k UHD) (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Just saw it yesterday. One question: Who was the boy at the end with the broom supposed to be?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
He was one of the boys being forced to train the horse things. Other than that. How would anyone know who he is?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just saw it yesterday. One question: Who was the boy at the end with the broom supposed to be?
In addition to what Tony said,
(I'll use spoilers in case any hasn't seen it)
He's one of the next generation that will be part of the Resistance. Not that Episode IX will follow that kid specifically but he's part of the wave of the future.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He's one of the next generation that will be part of the Resistance. Not that Episode IX will follow that kid specifically but he's part of the wave of the future.
I think he's more than that if they didn't give us a false sign by showing us:
He didn't grab that broom, it came to him which means The Force is with him and might be one of the next Jedi training under Rey

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Agree, Robert.

The next movie will have to jump ahead in time to account for Carrie Fisher's passing...if they continue to not use CGI for her. Also, with as few Resistance members as are still around, they need to beef up the ranks by recruiting or waiting for kids-like the one shown-to get older. This gives that kid, and others, time to grow up, find Rey and get trained.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Agree, Robert.

The next movie will have to jump ahead in time to account for Carrie Fisher's passing...if they continue to not use CGI for her. Also, with as few Resistance members as are still around, they need to beef up the ranks by recruiting or waiting for kids-like the one shown-to get older. This gives that kid, and others, time to grow up, find Rey and get trained.
Yep!
They need to beef up into the thousands which is only about 15 people now so jump start ten years into the future.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think he's more than that if they didn't give us a false sign by showing us:
He didn't grab that broom, it came to him which means The Force is with him and might be one of the next Jedi training under Rey
Yeah, he's certainly
got the Force but I think he's more of a representation of the future Jedi and by extension the new Rebellion than a character who will actually be part of the next movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, he's certainly
got the Force but I think he's more of a representation of the future Jedi and by extension the new Rebellion than a character who will actually be part of the next movie.
Well, that's my point so we're in agreement as I don't believe we even know his name.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Thanks

Real Name
Donovan
Well, that's my point so we're in agreement as I don't believe we even know his name.
And not just that, as others have pointed out, it's an implicit walkback of the Force as something hereditary/scientific (i.e. midichlorians) and more like something within nature that a precious few can have an affinity for.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Right. But it's listed on Amazon uk.....

Has there ever been an issue with delayed Disney listings on Amazon.uk like there are here in the States? I do not pay that much attention to the UK site, as I only order from there on rare occasions when the price is much less expensive and the title is region-free.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It seems likely that the domestic 3D edition will be a retailer exclusive, similar to Rogue One. It will likely be a general release internationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks