What's new

Star Wars: The Force Awakens potentially Free after Cash Back Offer (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't remember if sites like TCB and EBat are allowed on HTF -- my apologies and please delete if this isn't appropriate

Credit to EloyPadilla at bluray.com for the critical information

""FREE STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS BLU-RAY COMBO PACK

For the next 4 days only [EDIT: 3 days left] or while supplies last, new TopCashback members can head here (http://www.topcashback.com), sign up for an account (if you haven’t already), and snag the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD from Walmart.com for FREE after cash back! Note that TopCashback does not limit accounts to one per household so if you’re an existing member, encourage your husband or wife, mom or dad, roommate, neighbor etc. to sign up!

* Head here ([url="http://www.topcashback.com [/url]) and create an account if you haven’t already – should take just a few minutes!
* Then head here (http://www.topcashback.com/walmart-deals/), scroll down and click the Get Cashback button
* You will then be directed to Walmart.com where you’ll purchase one Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD for $19.96 + FREE Store Pick-Up if available at a store near you
* Within 21 days, $22 (enough to cover the movie AND sales tax) will be credited straight to your checking or PayPal account. Or, opt to be paid in an Amazon.com Gift Card or American Express Reward Card and get a 3% bonus which means you’d get $22.66 instead of $22. Awesome!

IMPORTANT: Your transaction must only contain one Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD priced at $19.96 to ensure $22 cash back is credited to your TopCashback account. If another item is purchased or additional items are purchased at the same time, the cashback amount awarded will be 8% (depending on the items purchased) instead of the $22. ""

NOTE: this works for both the regular and BB-8 Exclusive version though you have to change the item when you click to the site
Typical sequence
Authenticate email
Purchase Item via the TCB/Wm link (don't go straight to WM.com) -- you can have it shipped for 4.95 (?) or store pickup for free
Usually a bit (an hour or so) after your order goes through you'll get a " First Click Has Been Successful"
About 24 hrs later you should get a Transaction registered in your account showing $22 pending

I'm new to the site, but according to those who have used it for a couple+ years about 3 weeks your acct is credited for the $22, BUT apparently you can't actually get get those funds for around 14 weeks after purchase in order for the Retailer to Fund TCB (and for WM after the return period ends). This is a bit slower than EB, but the cashback % seem to be larger for many sites I use like 4% Deep Discount, 8% at Walmart, 6% at Lowes, up to 6% at Zavvi, 7% WBShop

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Deal now dead. I'm surprised to see nobody responding pro or con, but hopefully some folks got in on the deal and just didn't post

I went for it. Looks like it will take 90 days for the credit to be made.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went for it. Looks like it will take 90 days for the credit to be made.

To redeem the funds that's sounds about right. Apparently your acct goes from Funds Pending to Funds Credited in 3 weeks, but you can't withdraw the funds
for another 10-11 weeks. That's OK I can wait for free -- the $0.02 in interest my $21.30 would have earned in 3 months will be taken care of with the extra
$0.70 returned so net profit of $0.68 (or double that choosing the AMEX Rewards card or Amazon) plus get a Brand New Movie and Digital copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks