What's new

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Why are the credits longer at home?
Good question. The only thing that I think it could be is that they made the font larger so the credits can be more easily read on TV screens as opposed to a movie theater screen. The reason I noticed the change is because there's alternate and new music used into the end credits on Blu-ray/DVD/cable. Theatrically the movie ran about 2 hours and 14 minutes and it's now 2:18 so they added more than 3 minutes of music.

MikeTV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Matt, can you tell me what's the run time of the movie? I'm curious if they used the original theatrical version of the end credits or, more likely, the longer version of the end credits that were on the first Blu-ray/DVD release. (Yes, I realize that I'm a huge nerd)

Would it have been "No Longer End Credits/No Sale!" for you?

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Any retailer exclusives to worry about?

I always hate picking something up from one place, only to find out that another place throws in dinner with Daisy Ridley, then another offers a fully functional actual lightsaber, and then here I am with three copies watching TV with Daisy and slicing the arms off my futon.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Any retailer exclusives to worry about?

I always hate picking something up from one place, only to find out that another place throws in dinner with Daisy Ridley, then another offers a fully functional actual lightsaber, and then here I am with three copies watching TV with Daisy and slicing the arms off my futon.

Dear Jon

I'm not sure how to tell you this ....

Wal*Mart has an EXCLUSIVE ...

A Lithograph of concept art for
With Kylo Ren vs Finn & Rey with the Millennium Falcon
it's also $29.96 as of this writing $.03 cheaper than the Costco price of $29.99! but $5.00 less than the the Disney Movie Club price (Neither DMC, Target nor Costco indicated they had an exclusive ...) So dinner with Daisy will have to occur by other means ...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Picked this up today. I'm glad I waited so this wasn't a double dip for me, plus it's been awhile since I've seen the movie so I was able to enjoy it all over again.

Excellent 3D, and more noticeable to me than I remember the theatrical experience being. My one and only disappoint is the IMAX scene not opening up. The airport scene in Captain America: Civil War was FANTASTIC at home. Even if just 1.78:1. Well, it's a small nitpick.

Soundtrack was great. But I don't have Atmos yet, so I haven't experienced ceiling speakers to make me feel any soundtrack is missing something. :)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Considering that there is no book included, they could have gone with much slimmer packaging. This thing is FAT and takes up the space of at least 2 and a half blu-ray cases.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Considering that there is no book included, they could have gone with much slimmer packaging. This thing is FAT and takes up the space of at least 2 and a half blu-ray cases.
Mine (from Wal*Mart) had 4 discs 3D Bluray, 2D Bluray, Bluray Bonus Disc and DVD of the film plus a code for the online extras and a code for Disney Movies Anywhere for the 2D version (and the Lithograph - somewhat Ironic that the 2d Bluray is on top of the 3D bluray ....
force-awakens-3d-2-sm.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Actually I was wondering what it looked like. Everything but the litho is in the picture.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_0132.JPG

I had the opportunity to watch this a week ago when Disney sent me a screener.

I have had too many things going on this end to comment on the presentation.

This is a striking 3D presentation. One of the best upconversions I have seen. In fact, one of the first conversions I believe I have ever seen with such immense pop-out in at least two sequences that come to mind.

The 3D adds a boundless sense of infinity to space sequences. The scenes that take place n Jakku also look remarkably endless, particularly when one's perspective is looking down from the massive sand dunes.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is going on my Top 30 3D list as the very best conversion to date. To watch this in 3D is absolutely thrilling. It reinforces how wonderful this format really is.

Last edited:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

Oh yeah, you're right on that! I was shocked as hell when I opened up my Amazon delivery and saw this monster. I was expecting just the regular type case. I got Game of Thrones Season 6 in the same shipment, and that box was smaller!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
While I'm not a fan of overlapping spindles (but prefer them to stacking discs on the same spindle in a keep case), this is a really elegant package. The slipcase has a texture that feels luxurious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks