What's new

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
He has said that it was a mistake to lie like that. He is not going to lie. If he didn't want to say anything, he would have said he can't talk about it.

I have said it before that I also think Rey being a Skywalker is not a good idea. I have to think more about this but I feel the same for her being a Kenobi.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was annoyed when I saw Abrams' comments. This idea that keeping audiences in the dark for years is fun is wrong; it's frustrating and takes away enjoyment from the series.

I want to find Abrams' "mystery box" and smash it to fucking pieces.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was annoyed when I saw Abrams' comments. This idea that keeping audiences in the dark for years is fun is wrong; it's frustrating and takes away enjoyment from the series.

I want to find Abrams' "mystery box" and smash it to fucking pieces.
They're doing a trilogy, it's expected and correct to have some mysteries that take time to reveal.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
facepalm.gif

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well so after seeing and loving Rogue One and listening to the soundtracks of both R1 and Force Awakens; I decided to give TFA a spin. And on the newly released 3D Blu-ray. I actually don't think I ever watched this entire film at home yet. A few moments here and there to demo but not the whole thing.

Leaving the theater after seeing Rogue One I was beginning to think I enjoyed it more than TFA. But no, I still would place TFA just slightly ahead of R1. Thats not knocking it all tho. Rogue One remains an awesome film for me.

The Force Awakens just seems to hit all right emotional chords. I had truly forgotten how well directed it was. It had the feel of a very polished project. And it also had the feel of a much larger scale and scope vs Rogue One. Some of that is intentional and story based.

I still love BB-8 and I think he's the cutest and most expressioned Robot ever. I mean his mannerisms were fn awesome and priceless.

The score is wonderful. Love the Resistence Theme. I always feel that any score from John Williams is underrated but this is a bad ass soundtrack. Its like people just expect top notch from JW and shrug when it does indeed that. If you haven't listened in awhile, give it a spin.

Ok some negatives that are still negative. General Hux? Ok he just irritated me :) I wanted to punch him in the face and I'm a sweet loving kind of guy hehehehe...When he's yelling about the end of the republic I was worried he was about to have an aneurysm. ;)

I've had some discussions with people not liking that Rey defeated Kylo Ren etc..and how could she do that without any training bla blah. Well my take is for one Kylo Ren was very undisciplined and still 'learning' and even more important he was in a major inner struggle with both the dark and light side of the Force. He is even begging the empty mask of Darth Vader to show him the Dark Side. Rey obviously has the Force but was untapped and unsure of herself. You can see her even surprised that she has this in her. One of the astounding things for me was watching her figure it out and embrace it even in a Raw way.

For all the Star Wars nerdism I posses and embrace I still can't quite understand how there is a "resistance" rebellion when I thought the Republic defeated the Empire? And thats a rather huge army they have as well. (Storm Troopers)..Guess I need to read up on some things.

Kylo Ren...IDK I am not sure what they will do from here but just dont see how he can be redeemed. He killed Han Solo. Right in front of our eyes and in cold blood. I personally hope Rey or Finn slice the Mo-Fo in half.

The 3D is pretty terrific. Really was. Some moments were just insanely immersive and well done....The depth of the images were truly epic.

A beautiful film that just hit the bulls eye. With the enormous box office it pulled it, that feeling is shared by many.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Well so after seeing and loving Rogue One and listening to the soundtracks of both R1 and Force Awakens; I decided to give TFA a spin. And on the newly released 3D Blu-ray. I actually don't think I ever watched this entire film at home yet. A few moments here and there to demo but not the whole thing.

Leaving the theater after seeing Rogue One I was beginning to think I enjoyed it more than TFA. But no, I still would place TFA just slightly ahead of R1. Thats not knocking it all tho. Rogue One remains an awesome film for me.

The Force Awakens just seems to hit all right emotional chords. I had truly forgotten how well directed it was. It had the feel of a very polished project. And it also had the feel of a much larger scale and scope vs Rogue One. Some of that is intentional and story based.

I still love BB-8 and I think he's the cutest and most expressioned Robot ever. I mean his mannerisms were fn awesome and priceless.

The score is wonderful. Love the Resistence Theme. I always feel that any score from John Williams is underrated but this is a bad ass soundtrack. Its like people just expect top notch from JW and shrug when it does indeed that. If you haven't listened in awhile, give it a spin.

Ok some negatives that are still negative. General Hux? Ok he just irritated me :) I wanted to punch him in the face and I'm a sweet loving kind of guy hehehehe...When he's yelling about the end of the republic I was worried he was about to have an aneurysm. ;)

I've had some discussions with people not liking that Rey defeated Kylo Ren etc..and how could she do that without any training bla blah. Well my take is for one Kylo Ren was very undisciplined and still 'learning' and even more important he was in a major inner struggle with both the dark and light side of the Force. He is even begging the empty mask of Darth Vader to show him the Dark Side. Rey obviously has the Force but was untapped and unsure of herself. You can see her even surprised that she has this in her. One of the astounding things for me was watching her figure it out and embrace it even in a Raw way.

For all the Star Wars nerdism I posses and embrace I still can't quite understand how there is a "resistance" rebellion when I thought the Republic defeated the Empire? And thats a rather huge army they have as well. (Storm Troopers)..Guess I need to read up on some things.

Kylo Ren...IDK I am not sure what they will do from here but just dont see how he can be redeemed. He killed Han Solo. Right in front of our eyes and in cold blood. I personally hope Rey or Finn slice the Mo-Fo in half.

The 3D is pretty terrific. Really was. Some moments were just insanely immersive and well done....The depth of the images were truly epic.

A beautiful film that just hit the bulls eye. With the enormous box office it pulled it, that feeling is shared by many.

Re Kylo: his arc is Luke's arc inverted. Luke spent three movies building up to the climax of refusing to kill his father (and thus winning, ultimately) Kyle begins the three movies by killing his father and the rest of the series deals with the fallout of that choice, and possibly his redemption, but I'm not sure they'll go there.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My kids and I having been watching all the Star Wars movies again over the past few months. Two weeks ago, we watched Return of the Jedi. Today we saw The Force Awakens. Something I noticed: Rey's moves in her battle with Kylo Ren look almost identical to Luke's in his final battle with Vader. The saber over the head, swinging down, the kick that sends the opponent to the ground. Daisy Ridley has said everything we need to know about Rey's parents is in the movie. Maybe that's one of those moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks