What's new

Star Wars The Complete Saga MEMBER REVIEW Thread (1 Viewer)

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I've been really slow going through this set. I've watched the first two bonus discs and am currently on the third. I watched the discs using the "play all" option. I love it that I had the option to do so. It took several days to get through each disc. The prequel disc was more interesting to me because I had just assumed that so many things were just cgi when in fact they used tons of models. The deleted scenes were great to see but I think the best scenes were on the DVDs. Only a couple of times did I see things on the OT bonus disc that really grabbed my attention. The deleted scenes were great and I'm so happy to have them now. On the doc. bonus disc, I've watched a few of them so far. The spoofs segment was terrible and I was looking forward to it. There were a few moments that were fun but it was just clip after clip after clip. Yawn. I watched the original documentaries and the Return Of The Jedi one hosted by Billy Dee and Carrie Fisher was my favorite. I can see why From Star Wars to Jedi was omitted since lots of the footage was in this documentary too. I still have not watched the movies and I really want to! I have a week off coming up in 2 weeks so my Star Wars marathon will be here soon!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MattBradley said:
The spoofs segment was terrible and I was looking forward to it. There were a few moments that were fun but it was just clip after clip after clip. Yawn.
Yeah and what's crazy to me is that the set had a sticker touting those spoofs. I know the Family Guy and Robot Chicken SW episodes were very successful but I didn't realize that the spoofs would be that big of a marketing hook for the set. I thought the funniest spoof clip was of Natalie Portman's Saturday Night Live monologue where she actually knew more about the details of Star Wars than the fans asking questions.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
MattBradley said:
I've been really slow going through this set. I've watched the first two bonus discs and am currently on the third. I watched the discs using the "play all" option. I love it that I had the option to do so. It took several days to get through each disc. The prequel disc was more interesting to me because I had just assumed that so many things were just cgi when in fact they used tons of models. The deleted scenes were great to see but I think the best scenes were on the DVDs. Only a couple of times did I see things on the OT bonus disc that really grabbed my attention. The deleted scenes were great and I'm so happy to have them now. On the doc. bonus disc, I've watched a few of them so far. The spoofs segment was terrible and I was looking forward to it. There were a few moments that were fun but it was just clip after clip after clip. Yawn. I watched the original documentaries and the Return Of The Jedi one hosted by Billy Dee and Carrie Fisher was my favorite. I can see why From Star Wars to Jedi was omitted since lots of the footage was in this documentary too. I still have not watched the movies and I really want to! I have a week off coming up in 2 weeks so my Star Wars marathon will be here soon!
Both docs share some footage, but Star Wars to Jedi had a much different focus, and it should have been on there. (Richard Marquand is barely represented here as it is.) Half of the spoofs are available on their own releases. The docs should have been remastered as well. SPFX is swimming in video noise I don't see on my old Laserdisc. Lucasfilm dusting off ancient video masters is nothing new though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks