What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season One (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's a book called Order 66 that's part of the Republic Commandos series. I haven't read it, but I would bet the author would deal with that sort of thing. I doubt if she'd let her squad go along with it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I will have to look for that. Too bad the series is only about the Clone Wars. It would be cool to see an episode around when Order 66 was given. And you could have a group of clones. Who oppose the order and help start what will become the rebellion.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
oh why, oh why, oh why....

This show has been surprisingly good. After the very lukewarm response to the film, I was pleasantly surprised. There is some really good stuff here.
Then tonight, at least for me, all the disappointing elements of SW: TPM came roaring back. The BAD slapstick of Jar Jar. The over the top stupidity and ineffectiveness of the battle droids. (That scene with 8 or so droids saying "Roger Roger" one after the other was like a root canal)
And the whiny 3PO observations straight out of AOTC.

Oy.

Comedy is fine. A "light", comic episode is fine too. But "stupid" humor and "clever" humor are two different things.

ugh. And I've been telling fellow SW old school fans who haven't watched yet that the show really IS good. God, I hope they didn't tune in tonight for the first time...

Well, at least it looks to be back on track next week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Next week is a rerun of the three episodes where they're trying to destroy Grievous' weapon ship. They are good episodes though.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

It was probably the weakest episode but I did like some of the stuff. C-3PO acting as the straight man for Jar Jar on the landing pad had some funny bits to it. And C-3PO is whiny in all the movies but A New Hope so why wouldn't he be whining here too?

Dumb fact: The slug that Jar Jar befriends is based on a painting for The Empire Strikes Back of a Dagobah swamp slug.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I had to laugh at Jar Jar's little swamp dance. They manged to make him moe annoying! Was that Michael Shanks as Uncle Rodian? Sounded like Thor.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

True. But I think 3PO whining works when you have another character, (like Han Solo) rolling their eyes at him. When 3PO is less annoying than someone else onscreen at the same time, that's bad.

(oh, but animated Padme did look kinda hot though!) ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first few minutes and couldn't take it anymore. I pressed the delete button on my DVR as I knew it wasn't an episode I could sit all the way through. I've loved the series so far(some episodes more than others), but this one really didn't need to be made IMHO. Looking forward to the next new episodes that will get things back on track. ;)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lol. i really wished he was killed here in the clone wars. then it's permanent from hereon =P

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I actually really like the battle droid humor. I chuckle when they do their jokes. Caught the Malevolence 3 part episode for the first time this weekend and was rolling on the floor at this exchange:

Malevolence shoots Ion cannon at republic cruiser...
Battledroid 1: "Hey this is a lot easier when they aren't firing back!"
Battledroid 2: "I still can't manage to hit anything!" :laugh: :laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm gonna get slammed here, I an not a Fan of Jar Jar binks, I don't think he worked in the Movies but strangely he works here as a Likable goofy hero. I can see kids relating to him and it just works.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
And in James Luceno's novel Dark Lord (which starts right as "Order 66" is given), a squad of specially-bred, independently-thinking clone commandoes allow their Jedi generals to escape.

Vader, naturally, beheads the entire squad when he learns of this. Awesome novel.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Jar Jar works for kids in the movies and the TV show. Every time I saw The Phantom Menace in the theater, I could hear kids laughing at all the goofy stuff that he did. I remember almost everything he did got a huge laugh at the midnight screening from adults and kids. Even his "Exsqueeze me" which I've hated since I first heard it (and I actually find some of Jar Jar's antics funny).

I never thought that my 10,000th post at HTF would be in defense of Jar Jar Binks.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Thats cool. Like I said. Some of the clones from the show you would think wouldn't like such an order.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I haven't done any study or reading on Order 66, but I always took it as kind of a post-hypnotic suggestion type of thing. It was ingrained in their cloning process, something along the level of out autonomous system, which handles things like blinking and breathing. Once they heard the command "Execute Order 66" I didn't think it was like "Oh, the opposite side just asked us to kill our leaders... sounds good." When it came to that order, they were essentially Androids (a robot in human form) carrying out programming.

Reading this thread, the book "Dark Lord" doesn't seem that it is about a group of clones that just decided not to execute order 66. Rather, I'd read the words as this was a group of clones that never had Order 66 programmed into them to begin with. Or they had counterprogramming so strong that it superseded Order 66. I could be wrong, though, as I never read the book.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Right. I never got the sense it was voluntary. From the moment they were created, they were always meant to betray the Jedi, as Palpatine surely knew what was coming, hence his comments "everything is proceeding as planned," etc.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it would be cool if we saw some of the "renegade" clone commanders working with the Rebellion. Show 20yrs later Commander Rex being involved with the 2nd Death Star attack from ROTJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks