Star Wars: The Clone Wars coming for Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Brecher, May 1, 2002.

1. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Interesting little blurb up at Force.net today;

2. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

The latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly has a two-page spread on this. It's being released for PS2 and Gamecube, I believe. It's a vehicular-combat title set immediately after the events of EpII. . .

But the multiplayer is the coolest thing. Apparently, it has a bit of a "Herzog Zwei," RTS feel. You can, from your vehicle, command other forces and take over resource points on the map. PS2 supports 2 players, Gamecube four.

Of course, if they're going to release this fall, they really ought to look into using online capabilities of these consoles. . . IMO. . . that would rock.

(P.S. Another cool tidbit on "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter." Apparently, Jango Fett can target two separate enemies at once with his blasters, John Woo-style. Looked pretty cool.)

3. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

Lucasarts has made a real attempt at turning around the quality of the Star Wars games as of lately. Rogue Leader was a great shooter, JK2 is a worthy sequel to a gaming classic, and Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic has me absolutely foaming at the mouth.

Given their recent track record, I have hope that these two games will be worth playing upon release.

4. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I heard about this about 2 weeks ago, but I forgot where I saw it. I hope it is a platform game because I actually liked the Episode 1 game. Meanwhile, I am in Gamecube heaven at the moment because LucasArts finally released the codes for Rouge Leader that I have been waiting for.

PZ?APBSY IRONSHIP - Slave 1

AJHH!?JY BUSTOUR - Imperial Shuttle

OGGRWPDG EEKEEK! - Revenge on Yavin bonus level

I had Slave 1, but for the life of me could not, or ever, get the Revenge on Yavin bonus level.

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Combat/RTS style game eh? Sounds great! Does the player assume the role of Jedi?

Dan

PS: No X-box version planned?

6. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

No Xbox version mentioned. I suspect LucasArts is back to its old practice of trying to spread the love among multiple consoles.

The article didn't say anything about assuming role of Jedi, so I'm not sure what kind of role force powers might play. But I'm sure you'll be able to control the forces of the Republic and the CIS. ( I won't elaborate on what that stands for in case anyone is worried about EpII spoilers.)

It does look like it's worth picking up. Unfortunately, I'm going back to grad school this fall and won't likely have much time for such distractions. I think I'm going to ask my wife for every SW game coming out this fall for XMas, and spend my holiday break playing SW:Knights, Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, SW Galaxies. . .