Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Title: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (2023)

Director: Patty Jenkins

Release: 2023-12-22

Patty Jenkins announces that her next movie (before Wonder Woman 3) will be a Star Wars movie!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I remember when Rogue One was announced people thought it was about Rogue Squadron.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hell, I never even heard of the Rogue Squadron, but can't wait for this offering. I hope I'm still around to see it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hell, I never even heard of the Rogue Squadron, but can't wait for this offering. I hope I'm still around to see it.
It's the name of Luke's snowspeeder fighter group in The Empire Strikes Back. It's also the name of some great video games where you get to fly around blowing up the Empire in Rebel ships.

I'm sure you'll be around to see it. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's the name of Luke's snowspeeder fighter group in The Empire Strikes Back. It's also the name of some great video games where you get to fly around blowing up the Empire in Rebel ships.

I'm sure you'll be around to see it. :)
I don't remember that film detail.

As to me being around to see it, that's in question.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So many news I couldn't absorb all. I thought they said another movie is also in the work? (With these new announcements, not old news)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I thought that was a nice touch to see her suit up and when you expect her to be heading toward a fighter jet, it turns out to be an X-wing.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A couple months ago, there was a bidding war between studios for Cleopatra, which is to star Gal Gadot and be directed by Jenkins. Paramount beat out Warner for the rights to that one. So if that one and this one are going to happen first, it could be a long time before we see Wonder Woman 3. Unless Warner wants to replace Patty Jenkins in order to get it done faster, which I doubt. Star Wars is a great get for her, obviously, but it took me by surprise.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Rogue Squadron, the Star Wars feature project due to be directed by Wonder Woman filmmaker Patty Jenkins, has been caught in the tractor beam and will take a little longer to make it to the big-screen.

Jenkins and writer Matthew Robinson and Lucasfilm have been developing Squadron for over a year with the goal of starting production in 2022. It was to have started pre-production by the end of this year.

However, in what sources say are scheduling issues on Jenkins’ side, the producers and filmmaking team came to the realization that Jenkins’ timetable and other commitments wouldn’t mesh with the window needed to make the movie in 2022.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I am definitely a fan of Jenkins, I hope she can see all three of these projects through.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The director of Wonder Woman 84 is going to be directing "Rogue Squadron"? They are going to let her back at the reigns of Wonder Woman after WW84 was such a critical flop?

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
The director of Wonder Woman 84 is going to be directing "Rogue Squadron"? They are going to let her back at the reigns of Wonder Woman after WW84 was such a critical flop?
That's one way to look at it.

Another would be that she's being allowed to do the movie based on the promises she shows from her other projects, the least not being Wonder Woman (not 84, obviously). I think you have to look at a directors talent in a broad way rather than how well their last picture did.

Even Spielberg had his failed films.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think they’re going to replace Jenkins ala Treverrow. I loved the first WW but I thought ‘84 was weak. Maybe the powers that be are changing their minds. I hope they do.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I think they’re going to replace Jenkins ala Treverrow. I loved the first WW but I thought ‘84 was weak. Maybe the powers that be are changing their minds. I hope they do.
I could be wrong, but isn't it her original story? Or would they completely toss her script and start over? I got the impression when I saw her trailer thing that this was her idea and her story. In collaboration with another writer I believe. Not sure.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If they hadn't had so many behind the scenes problems on nearly every other SW movie, I'd agree but I think between that and the fact that all the Marvel stuff had to get moved back, I think they'll keep her.

I don't know if there's any plans for a SW movie announcement for Disney + Day (theatrical features seem like they'd hype up at a different time) on Friday but I hope we hear about something SW on that day.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I highly doubt it they are going to change her. The most surprising thing in that article for me was that there are 5 Star Wars series ready. 5! Never counted them before.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks