What's new

Star Wars Resistance Season 1 (2018-19) (1 Viewer)

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Dave Filoni is the creator but he isn't the showrunner on this series so, love it or hate it, he doesn't deserve all the credit or the blame for the show.

Exactly.

I might check out another episode or two before I decide whether to drop it or not.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
I love the setting. The fuel station in the middle of nowhere seems rife with interesting story potential. I love all the new ship designs. They look quite Star Wars-y. I hate the main character, but hopefully we'll see some growth from him soon. The bottom line is that it's Star Wars so I'll watch it and there's more than enough here for me to come back each week.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I guess we have less members watching this show since there hasn't been any new discussion since October.

I meant to start watching it when it debuted, but missed the first episode. The rest have been stockpiling on my DVR. So I just need to go to whatever they call the Disney Channel app these days and check out the first one so I can get going on the rest. Thinking of doing that at some point next week after the Christmas holiday.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
We've finished the first 10 episodes. They were good, not great. The stakes don't seem very high in this show, although that may well change before long. Using Poe Dameron and General Leia is a very good idea, as it sets the show in the larger Star Wars universe that we're familiar with. Each show seems to have had smaller stakes: Clone Wars started with the characters from the prequels in the historic WWII-style battle for the Republic; Rebels saw a small band of freedom fighters trying to save one planet, Lothal, and subsequently joining the larger rebellion, but their focus mostly stayed with one planet; Resistance is about a spy on an outpost where he picks up a smattering of information.

When does the show come back? January? Spring?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Well events seems to have finally caught up with The Force Awakens with Poe off to carry out his mission on Jakku. It’s has definitely improved the season but still hasn’t had a standout episode yet or reached the heights of Clone Wars and Rebels. But I think telling a different perspective on the timeline during the films has a lot of potential.

I’d guess Season 2 won’t come out until after Ep 9 as they are going to probably end up going beyond Ep 8 fairly quickly given the timespan of those plots

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed the last two episodes more than others this season. It seems like the stakes finally got bigger.

Anyone know how many more episodes to the season? There is a new one next week.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I see Season 1 is being released August 20 on DVD. No mention of a blu-ray release. WTF? Have we regressed this much? Do they think the only people buying are parents with minivans with DVD players?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'd guess the sad reality is that they don't think it'll sell enough to warrant a Blu-ray.

But the heavy lifting for a blu-ray is done. The show was produced in HD. This isn't Star Trek: The Next Generation where the show has to be rebuilt in HD. I see no reason not to put this out in HD.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
But the heavy lifting for a blu-ray is done. The show was produced in HD. This isn't Star Trek: The Next Generation where the show has to be rebuilt in HD. I see no reason not to put this out in HD.
Tell that to the people who love “The Orville”.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Season 2 trailer is up. The show comes back Oct. 6, and Season 2 will be its final season.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
As a huge SW fan since I was a little kid back in '77, I have a strong interest in seeing Star Wars: Resistance. I've seen the trailer & streamed about 2-3 minutes of Episode 1, but never made time to really watch the show. However, the series looks great, and I really like the animation - very fluid & old skool, but with a modern "vibe".

Conversely, I didn't like the animation for Rebels - though I liked the series/storyline, the animation was very CGI-ish & I found it very bland (for lack of a better word). So, it was nice that Resistance was done in a more traditional cartoon-ish style; it actually reminds me slightly of the very underrated Tron: Uprising cartoon (2012-2013) - which is one of my all-time favorite animated shows, ever - but that's a different thread.

So, since I have seen very little of this series- I may get the DVD set (out today). Hopefully it'll be easy to find - I just looked on Amazon (my preferred "store" for getting DVD's/Blu's) and it's showing as "Usually ships in 1-2 months" - LOL. So, either it's sold out - or they weren't getting many of these to begin with.

Also disappointed - but not surprised - that this set won't be hitting Blu. That being said, I've noticed that a lot of newer TV shows especially are only hitting DVD, not Blu these days. I guess with everyone streaming, the demand for HD & physical media in general is just not there as much as it used to be.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Finished watched the final 4 or 5 episodes last week. I was surprised that Tam went away with the First Order - that they were unable to convince her otherwise. From the trailer it appears we will see a good deal of the First Order from her point of view. From her final scene it looks like she may have some second thoughts eventually. It also seems that it might only be taking place between Episodes 7 and 8. Of course, they could split the season in two with the second half taking place between 8 and 9.

Still haven't watched the shorts. Need to jump onto the Disney Channel YouTube channel to watch those sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks