What's new

Star Wars removed from e-bay (1 Viewer)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
As you may or may not know, bootleg copy's of the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD were being sold on e-bay. But not no more. A verified rights owner notified e-bay, and e-bay took action. They removed all the Star Wars DVDs from their list. I for one am glad. I almost joined the dark side,but now I'm so glad I passed on those movies. E-bay did the right thing.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
I was wrong. They are still selling the bootlegs. I guess they just removed a few of the movies. If you like to remove this thread please feel free. I guess I should look at all the facts before I start to post something.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
They seem to do a sweep every so often of the bootlegs, but I can always find some up for auction.

They really should crack down on this more.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
I don't think they are DVD's. There are some VCD's out there of the first 3(or the last 3 ;) ). The audio and video are like a VCR. So, not great. I want to say they are from China where VCD is really big. So, yes they may have been bootleg copy's, but I'm sure a lot of them are not.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Speaking as someone who has seen the bootlegged DVD series, mine were laserdisc transfers of excellent quality with some form of surround sound (I don't remember if it was full 5.1).

DarrinH

Second Unit
I do not understand what the deal is with bootlegs. I have seen some of these and the quality sucks! Barely watchable for the most part.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
I am not asking if the quality is any good. I'm just saying e-bay should get rid of them. They should not be able to sell stolen goods. Any way you look at it, it is still bootlegging.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Some of them, as has been pointed out, aren't bootlegs, they are completely legal VCD's.

Any DVD sold is a bootleg though.

/Mike

Don Black

Screenwriter
That's true. I think The Digital Bits had a review of the Star Wars bootlegs a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks