What's new

Star Wars: Rebels: Season Two (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I no longer get Disney XD so I'll have to watch by iTunes tomorrow.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the first episode. I have to ask whether Clones prematurely age. It seems that Rex and friends look a lot older than I would have expected. According to the Wookepedia it looks like S2 is just 16 years after the Clone Wars series.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As per Attack Of The Clones, the clones were designed to age at twice the rate of a normal human*. That way, the Republic could have an army in 10 years rather than 20. So while Rex has only been alive for about 25 years (depending on exactly when he was bred), his body has already aged into its 50's.

* Boba Fett is the one exception since Jango requested an unaltered clone as part of his payment for being the clone template.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, I learned from the new episode Kanan is no longer considered a Jedi? Since when?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
So, I learned from the new episode Kanan is no longer considered a Jedi? Since when?
He was a Padawan when Order 66 happened so he never achieved the rank of Knight. I think of that as basically a technicality though. Luke didn't even come close to the traditional training that Kanan received and he's considered a Jedi so for my money, Kanan is a Jedi.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Didn't they specifically say that he is one of the last Jedi in the series?

And if he is not a Jedi how he has a Padawan and trains Ezra?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
Didn't they specifically say that he is one of the last Jedi in the series?
I don't remember if Kanan ever called himself a Jedi but if anyone did call him that, they're just considering him a Jedi since he's close enough. Like I said, I'd think of it like Luke- he never went through proper Jedi training but everyone would consider him a Jedi by the end of Return Of The Jedi.

SamT said:
And if he is not a Jedi how he has a Padawan and trains Ezra?
Because they don't have a lot of other options. :) Realistically, I'd say that since the Jedi Order has been virtually wiped out, the remaining Jedi don't feel too worried about maintaining old titles and rules.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If a non Jedi is training someone to be a Jedi it must be a bad idea. A non surgeon training someone to do surgery!

Imagine Ezra going to the dark side because of this. That would be a great story. Would love to see that!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
SamT said:
If a non Jedi is training someone to be a Jedi it must be a bad idea. A non surgeon training someone to do surgery!

Imagine Ezra going to the dark side because of this. That would be a great story. Would love to see that!

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. They are going to have to explain what happened to Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka prior to Episode IV-VI, when Ben, Luke and Yoda were the only Jedi. It shouldn't end well for them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
They are going to have to explain what happened to Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka prior to Episode IV-VI, when Ben, Luke and Yoda were the only Jedi. It shouldn't end well for them.
Just so it's not a totally grim ending to whenever they finish the series, I think Ezra will go underground (like Ahsoka between The Clone Wars and Rebels) but yeah, I could see things ending very badly for Kanan and Ahsoka.

Based on the somewhat limited fan feedback that I see, Ahsoka is such a beloved character that alot of people will be heartbroken if she dies. Not angry or just sad but literally crying if they kill her off.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't think that they have to explain anything since Kanan is not a Jedi. The only problem would be Ahsoka. She is a Jedi, right?

Unless Yoda and Obi-Wan did not know that there are other Jedi alive, there is no problem.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Would be interesting if Ahsoka made an appearance in the new Star Wars film. She could have been a recluse like Obi & Yoda.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
The only problem would be Ahsoka. She is a Jedi, right?
Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that Aksoka left the Jedi order while she was still Anakin's padawan. So while she was older and further along than Kanan, she never achieved the rank of Jedi Knight either. Like I said though, if someone doesn't consider Kanan or Ahsoka to be Jedi because of a lack of a title then Luke Skywalker is definitely not a Jedi because he didn't even come close to having the training that they received.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If I remember correctly, Luke was officially given the Jedi title by Yoda. Supposedly also some off screen training happened.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
If I remember correctly, Luke was officially given the Jedi title by Yoda.
Yeah, Yoda tells Luke that he'll be a Jedi once he faces Vader again but if they can bend the rules for Luke and consider him a Jedi, I don't see any reason to not do the same for Kanan or Ahsoka.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Love the trailer! I am huge fan of the Clone Wars series and Rebels has really grown on me.

Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks