What's new

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have to check out my old material, but the only thing that bothers me is the rather small size of the TIE Fighter wing panels in relation to the cockpit compared to the movie versions. They are just too visually small to me. But that's my only complaint.
Odd as it sounds, they're deliberately emulating the look of the old TIE Fighter toy rather than the model in the movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It was much more noticeable in these episodes but I like that Ezra has gotten older over the run of the series.

Also, it was fun to see how the Rebellion got some of the Y-Wings used against the first Death Star.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looks great. I knew they were building to a meeting with Obi-Wan.

I enjoy this show with my kids - although I'm sure I'd watch it even if I didn't have kids.

My favorite thing about the show is all the McQuarrie-inspired designed. It's simply a beautiful show to look at.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
btw, it is a new voice actor for obi-wan.
No kidding? I guess they want someone to do an old Obi-Wan rather than prequel-era Obi-Wan.

I just read that this week is back to back episodes. Also, the episodes are called 'Ghosts Of Geonosis' so I guess they'll be calling back to last season when they found the remnants of Death Star construction and no signs of life on the planet. I love the connections they're making between the prequels, Rogue One and the OT.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Per the voice actor's from the Clone Wars twitter he wasn't given the choice. The new voice actor is Stephen Stanton.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Per the voice actor's from the Clone Wars twitter he wasn't given the choice. The new voice actor is Stephen Stanton.

It sounds like the episode will feature both James Arnold Taylor (the former voice) and Stanton. Per an Entertainment Weekly article:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/01/04/new-star-wars-rebels-video-teases-obi-wan-kenobi-rematch/

This younger version of the Jedi master is voiced by James Arnold Taylor, doing his finest Ewan McGregor, but by the end of the teaser we will see Kenobi at a much different stage in life, one that remains shrouded in mystery in Star Wars storytelling: his exile as a hermit on the planet Tatooine, watching over Luke Skywalker from afar.

Stephen Stanton, who also supplies the voices of Grand Moff Tarkin on the series and was the Churchill-like crustacean commander Admiral Raddus in Rogue One, plays this Alec Guinness-version of Kenobi.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
All of James Arnold Taylor's lines from that previously appeared in the Rebels pilot.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Saw Gerrera is going to stick around for a little while longer. I figured that he'd be in these two episodes, get his voice & lungs messed up and then go off to Jedha/Rogue One.

For anyone wondering about the fate of the Geonosian queen egg, as per an issue of the Darth Vader comic book from a couple years ago,
it did hatch and become a queen. She had a non-fatal encounter with Vader in the tunnels of Geonosis shortly after A New Hope.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I haven't seen the latest two episodes yet, but from watching the Mid Season Preview linked above one thing kept going through my head:

Episode IV: "Obi-Wan... Now there's a name I haven't heard since...... A few months ago!"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the latest two episodes yet, but from watching the Mid Season Preview linked above one thing kept going through my head:

Episode IV: "Obi-Wan... Now there's a name I haven't heard since...... A few months ago!"
:laugh: I try not to be a joke thief but I'm stealing that line when the Obi-Wan episode airs.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nice voice acting from Sircar and Prinze on tonight's episode.

Also, I'm guessing most people watching Rebels already know this but you can see the Ghost (presumably flown by Hera) in the space battle above Scarif in Rogue One. I'm guessing that's a point that the show will now be aiming towards.

EDIT: The next new episode doesn't air until February 18.

Last edited:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Now sitting at 4 episodes behind. I seriously don't have any kind of logical clue as to when SlingTV will add episodes to it's streaming archive. It's just like 'whenever we feel like it'.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Can someone explain how Maul is in this show when he was cut in half in Episode 1?

This is set between Episodes 3 and 4 right?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can someone explain how Maul is in this show when he was cut in half in Episode 1?

This is set between Episodes 3 and 4 right?
I'd say the idea is that Maul is so bad and so evil that he managed to survive his injuries in Episode I through a sheer force of will, hatred and the Dark Side. Plus, you could say that his physiology is different enough from a human that he didn't lose or have enough damage to his vital organs to die. If I'm being honest, I think it's dumb that he survived being cut in two (!) but I'm willing to let that go because what they've done with the character on The Clone Wars and Rebels has been pretty cool.

One of my favorite episodes of The Clone Wars has an awesome battle between Maul and Darth Sidious.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'd say the idea is that Maul is so bad and so evil that he managed to survive his injuries in Episode I through a sheer force of will, hatred and the Dark Side.

Yeah, I figure if Darth Vader can survive having his arms and legs chopped off followed by a soothing lava bath, Maul can survive the cauterizing blade of a lightsaber. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the seemingly bottomless pit he was falling into rather than the actual injury. On one hand, I totally agree that him surviving is pretty dumb and unbelievable (not to mention that it negates some of the victory from the end of Episode I) but I also enjoy what they've done with the character enough to let it slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks